Hacking How to completely remove Wii Softmod?

Altiris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have modded my Wii about two times, one was on 4.1U and now the latest 4.3U with Letterbomb0 and BootMii. I did make a backup of my wii however...I cant find it though so thats pretty useless. My Wii has started to make a buzzing noise whenever I insert a game into the DVD slot. My warranty is long expired (first generation wii) but I will pay to get it fixed if I have to and I want to send it into Nintendo. I just want to know the procedures to remove everything such as the Homebrew channel (which is the only softmod channel on my wii) as well as Bootmii or something..however im assuming Bootmii overwrites the regular wii boot loader....so how would I would go about removing it without bricking the wii? I have backed up my game save data using SaveManagerGX already.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Even after removing all softmods, there is still a risk Nintendo would find out it was modded. They know what to look for. Besides, I'm sure buying a used Wii at this point in time would be cheaper than sending an out-of-warranty Wii to Nintendo for repair. And if you insist on fixing your old Wii, you could just switch the optical drives. Another option is to buy a replacement drive from a place like dealextreme.

miihackwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There is a good guide that I have followed with great success. not sure if I can post links to another forum on here though? PM me if you want the guide.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Seamen :D
    +1
    mmmm those scrumptious tadpoles :wub:
    +2
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @AncientBoi did your phone autocorrect assholes to tadpoles?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats child abuse
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Could you imagine if these abortion activist said that sperm was a life, and you could not destroy or eat.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Is swallowing considered cannibalism?
    +2
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: by their standards, yes
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My wifey got a couple free tickets the Memorial Golf tournament here in Dublin Ohio close to me, and I hate golf, so I asked couple neighbors if they wanted them, and 2 dif neighbors have started a bidding war, they are up to $75 for both so far, lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just can't get into golf, boring to me. I'd rather go drown some worms.
    +1
    $75.01 :teach:
    +1
    Take whatever for them, playing golf is fun.... Watching golf at home is relaxing, watching golf in person? Why ...
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was gonna just give away, but they both started bidding more than other, so ill take it
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Looks like ill have steak on the grille tonight for free.
    +3
    Tube? :shy::blush::evil:
    +3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Games are getting huge nowdays, like 125gb a game (4k games anyways). I feel sorry for players that only have a 512gb hd. (Series S)
    +1
    It's fine just stream the game! Lol
    +1
    I wonder if that was the point of game streaming
    But it's a dead end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, people who cant download it can still play the game
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, people who cant download it can still play the game