How to completely remove Wii Softmod?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Altiris, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Altiris
    OP

Altiris Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 25, 2013
    United States
    I have modded my Wii about two times, one was on 4.1U and now the latest 4.3U with Letterbomb0 and BootMii. I did make a backup of my wii however...I cant find it though so thats pretty useless. My Wii has started to make a buzzing noise whenever I insert a game into the DVD slot. My warranty is long expired (first generation wii) but I will pay to get it fixed if I have to and I want to send it into Nintendo. I just want to know the procedures to remove everything such as the Homebrew channel (which is the only softmod channel on my wii) as well as Bootmii or something..however im assuming Bootmii overwrites the regular wii boot loader....so how would I would go about removing it without bricking the wii? I have backed up my game save data using SaveManagerGX already.

2. iRawriLaugh

iRawriLaugh GBAtemp Regular

Mar 3, 2011
    United States
    Sanford, Florida
    I bricked mines trying to do this now im stuck!!

3. Dust2dust

Dust2dust GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 17, 2010
    Canada
    Even after removing all softmods, there is still a risk Nintendo would find out it was modded. They know what to look for. Besides, I'm sure buying a used Wii at this point in time would be cheaper than sending an out-of-warranty Wii to Nintendo for repair. And if you insist on fixing your old Wii, you could just switch the optical drives. Another option is to buy a replacement drive from a place like dealextreme.

4. Lumstar

Lumstar Princess

Mar 6, 2006
    United States
    Darling
    Sure a used Wii as low as $40 isn't difficult on our side of the border. But only Nintendo can transfer Shop Channel licenses to a replacement system.

5. miihackwii

miihackwii Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2013
    There is a good guide that I have followed with great success. not sure if I can post links to another forum on here though? PM me if you want the guide.