1. Disnino

Disnino Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Alright I found it out, thanks alot for taking the time to help me out!

Also Ik this is unrelated to the thread but after installing cfw, when I boot into atmosphere I am unable to play any games that I legally downloaded from the eshop on stock os. They are all on the sd and taking up space but atmosphere doesn't show them as installed and prompts me to download them again. Booting back to stock os I can run them without issue. I guess it's no big problem but it would be much more convenient to be able to play them all on cfw and not switch back and forth

Last edited by Disnino, Feb 18, 2020
  2. kickcross

kickcross Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Any word yet as to whether the software has updated to take the romfs of *updated* Sword n Shield? When I do mine, the randomizer function for both wilds and trainers just doesn't do anything. I'm just wondering if you guys think that might be the reason....

3. Noimus

Noimus Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Did you try the base version? Does it work for you then? What if you changed the Title ID of the modified file to (01008DB008C2C800) for the update instead of the (01008DB008C2C000) for base? Does that make a difference? I haven't tested this mod yet, but I just dumped the RomFS and noted two different versions so I am currently in the process of dumping both.

4. kickcross

kickcross Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I since tried with Sword on the base (no update data) and it still isn't working, strangely enough, my starters that I edited into Shield showed up in Sword (though they didn't in Shield), but no random Pokemon. And I deleted my Shield folder in titles, so I'm not even sure how that happened. Went back into PKNX and sure enough, the romfs of Sword didn't have the starters edited in any way....

Last edited by kickcross, Feb 26, 2020
  5. HarveyDent

HarveyDent Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    OkazakiTheOtaku - Thanks for your help!
    I finally figured out to get my game open in PKNX. I also figured out how to modify a "Raid," and save/dump the file. I have been successful in opening the raid in the game.

However, I am coming across a weird anomaly/issue. In PKNX you can choose "FlawlessIVs" when modifying a raid. I have chosen all 12 members to be species 809 - Melmetal Gigantamax, and all of them should have 6 Flawless IVs. I have caught many of them with various 1-5 star rankings, and none of them have are flawless 6IVs, most of them have 0IVs, occassionally 1-2IVS. Any suggestions?

Also is there any way you can think of in which PKNX would force them to be shiny?

Thanks Again 8-)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

PS - sorry I forgot to post the screenshots in my last post. 2020-02-26 (1).png 2020-02-26.png

6. OkazakiTheOtaku

OP OkazakiTheOtaku no thanks, I don't want a custom title

Japan
    I'm gonna be honest, I have no idea how to use the raid editor. I've just used this for modifying wild encounter tables and trainer battles. Sorry,
    https://github.com/kwsch/pkNX/commit/e3ca50178820deddd91ab0a269f5e50c2f76f4b8
    https://github.com/kwsch/pkNX/commit/dc9563f0004fa50fe5b1d355e72277aafeba7b6e

In January, support was added. Check the commits listed above ^^
    In addition, the edits that I made for 1.0.0 still work on 1.1.0, as that's what I'm updated to. I didn't have to change my encounter table and raid trainer mods.
    Both Sword and Shield contain the romfs data for both versions. The executable just chooses what to load in during runtime.
    For example, with my romfs dump of Sword I can change the stuff for Shield.
    Make sure that in pkNX you are editing the right tables-- you can make changes for Sword with the romfs of Shield and vice versa. IIRC, Sword tables will be "SW" and Shield will be "SH."

Last edited by OkazakiTheOtaku, Feb 26, 2020
  7. kickcross

kickcross Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I definitely did. I've spent about 3 days working on this, so I've tried just about every option there is at this point. Using updated and nonupdated romfs for both games, tried each aspect independently to see if I could get one part to work, etc. So far the only luck was that random bit with the starters.

8. Shin Atomoz

Shin Atomoz Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    How do I edit the learnset of Slowpoke-1 in pknx? It is entry 915 in the pokemon list and everything u der it was shifted 1 space. I dont know how to edit the dlc additions like Galarian Slowpoke. It still shows up as a blank in the program. This is what Matt told me:

"Currently, entries 001 (Bulbasaur) to 914 (Galarian Rapidash) remain unchanged. As of Ver. 1.1.0, Galarian Slowpoke was added making it entry 915, shifting everything starting from Galarian Farfetch'd up by 1.

1154 used to be Toxtricity-1, but it is now Sinistea-1 (reason is explained above). Your mods will need to be renamed to match the new entries, and this will likely happen again as more DLC is released for the games in June and Fall later this year. I recommend Bulk Rename Utility."

I don't know to open the wazaoboe_total.bin found in the romfs/bin/pml directory. Normally there would be as many entries as there are pokes, but...it's just the one...

I feel I need to edit the 1.1.0 update or do I need something from that to allow pknx to recognize Galar Slowpoke?

9. MegaNiko17

MegaNiko17 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey everyone! Can someone link me the latest pknx.exe? I can't compile it on my Mac/Linux machines unfortunately. Thanks in advance!!

10. SoupMaker

SoupMaker Newbie
    Newcomer

Norway
    So hey... I was wondering why i get this error when i try to open up my game file in PKnx..? I tried to use an older version of PKnx, and it works just fine :) But not on the github version? I am confusion :o I want the newer version cuz of raid edditing, to help one of my friends out in local mode :)

Thanks for answers in advance! <3

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - compile, Shield, Sword