Hacking How to change your The Conduit name WITHOUT LOSING MP DATA

oops_ur_dead

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How to change your name in The Conduit... Without Losing your Online Rank by Copying!

What you need:

The Homebrew Channel installed
FSToolbox (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/FSToolbox)
A cIOS installed (http://www.mediafire.com/?gknnzzjtjw3)
A hex editor (find one)

Steps:

Step 1: Run FSToolbox, select IOS249, and browse to /title/00010000/52434a45/data/nocopy
Step 2: Press - to dump the "profiles" file.
Step 3: Plug your SD card into the computer.
Step 4: Copy the FSTOOLBOX folder to somewhere on your computer so if you screw up you can restore your save file.
Step 5: Open up your favorite hex editor and open the profiles in SD:\FSTOOLBOX\title0010000\52434a45\data\nocopy file (the one on the SD card, not the one on the computer).
Step 6: Find your name in the file (not that hard). Each letter is seperated by a blank (00 in hex). REMEMBER THIS.
Step 7: Make sure you are in OVERWRITE and not INSERT mode. This is very important as being in insert mode will screw your save file up.
Step 8: Overwrite every other letter (DO NOT OVERWRITE THE BLANKS BETWEEN LETTERS) with your new name. I have confirmed that your name CAN be longer than the permitted 9 letters that you are allowed to enter, but I have not tested it online so try at your own risk. works without a hitch online. Dunno how safe it would be in terms of being banned, though, so still do it at your own risk. Here is what it should look like in a hex editor:

E.X.A.M.P.L.E. (And more following dots)

NOT THIS:

EX.A.M.P.L.E.

If you want to make your new name longer than your current name, keep overwriting every other dot.
Step 9: Save the file back onto your SD card in SD:\FSTOOLBOX\title0010000\52434a45\data\nocopy.
Step 10: Open up FSToolbox again, select IOS249 again, and browse to /title/00010000/52434a45/data/nocopy
Step 11: This time you must press + on the profiles file to overwrite it with your new one.
Step 12: Load The Conduit and see if it worked

IF IT DIDNT WORK/IF YOU WANT TO GO BACK TO THE ORIGINAL NAME

Step 1: Put the SD card into your computer again.
Step 2: Copy the copy of the FSTOOLBOX folder than you made back onto your SD card. Accept any requests to overwrite files.
Step 3: Go into FSToolbox, select IOS249, and browse to /title/00010000/52434a45/data/nocopy
Step 4: Press + on the profiles file to revert your save file.

Robot4021

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried this a few times but it does not work for me. When I get to the directory, i push "A" on data and nothing happens. Then I push "-" on data to dump it to the SD, and I get 'Error: ISFS_OpenFile(/title/000100000/52434a45/data) returned -101

Then I tried to dump the entire directory (which worked) then I went to the hex editor and I didn't see my Conduit username. Am I doing something wrong or is this a fake guide?

oops_ur_dead

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When it asks you which IOS to use, you HAVE to select IOS249 and not IOS36. Otherwise it will see the data folder as a file and it wont work.
Update: Longer names work without a problem on MP.

Eddie_Brock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great find!
grog.gif

I am eager to change my name to my usual, however Conduit didn't give me enough characters.
My only concern would be if this is the only change I made to my game, would I still be considered a 'hacker' and prone to banning?

Mario264

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iv'e been playing all day since the change and nothing has happened. As long as the change isn't too drastic I'm sure people wont notice.

Robot4021

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How are you guys getting it work? I still can't do it

I'm setting the IOS to 249, proceeding to the directory and I get the error every time

EDIT: I got it to work, I installed the IOS provided in post 1.

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
not possible if you have a recent cIOS installes as ios 249, and by the way any ios installed by aidi alpha 1 can acces data folders also when loaded trough fstoolbox .....

oops_ur_dead

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless it is causing some sort of damage to the server (VERY unlikely), I doubt they'll really care if you just have a longer name so long as it doesn't bother other people.

Robot4021

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I need some help again.. I managed to get the data into hex editor, I changed my name with it, and when I load Conduit I get ..

ERROR: #002 An error has occurred. Press the Eject button, remove the Game Disc, and turn off the power to the console. Please read the Wii Operations Manual for further instructions.

I'm going to try my original save and see if that even works anymore..

EDIT: original one doesn't work. This thing screwed up my save. Help me fix it..

oops_ur_dead

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Robot4021 said:
Hey I need some help again.. I managed to get the data into hex editor, I changed my name with it, and when I load Conduit I get ..

ERROR: #002 An error has occurred. Press the Eject button, remove the Game Disc, and turn off the power to the console. Please read the Wii Operations Manual for further instructions.

I'm going to try my original save and see if that even works anymore..

EDIT: original one doesn't work. This thing screwed up my save. Help me fix it..
Thats a different problem relating to whatever USB/SD/DVD loader you're using.

Robot4021

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went step by step on every single line of the first post. I'm a noob at homebrew/hacks but I didn't do anything wrong here. I was in overwrite mode, put my name in, then pushed + on that thing to overwrite. Popped the disc in, and now it doesnt even work. I replaced the Toolbox folder with the original one and I still have the problem.

oops_ur_dead

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This guide cannot possibly cause Error 002. Error 002 is a problem with whatever loader you are using to launch the game. If you have a legit copy, load it from the disk channel, if not then look up how to fix error 002 for your particular loader on the Backup Loaders forum.

Robot4021

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on a burnt copy. Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma, IOS249

Every other game I run is fine, it's just Conduit that's giving me the error ever since messing with the hex codes

oops_ur_dead

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, then. Install cIOS rev10 (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zdztqgmtnyn).
Backup Launcher 0.3 is ancient and I dont think it even works with the built in 002 fix of cIOS rev13...

Robot4021

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I changed up my IOS and it worked. Thanks for the help, and i'm sorry about being such a noob here. I'm going to try this again and hopefully get it right.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0 +1