Hacking how to change to emulator inside NES wads?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Where do I begin... nes wads are virtual console games, and don't contain an emulator in the traditional sense of the word.

Have you tried loading the roms in fceugx? AFAIK, fceugx is the only nes emulator for the Wii.

If you have a fceugx channel that isn't a forwarder, u can inject newer versions of fceugx into the wad using customize mii. But it's prolly easier to just use a forwarder and update fceugx on your sd card\usb hdd.

Anyways, sorry if my answer is a all over the map, but I'm a little confused by what you mean exactly by your post so I figured I'd mention everything that it brought to my mind.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm not sure, but are you confusing 'installing to your wii' with injecting?

EDIT: nevermind that: just noticed you posted in the stickied virtual console games thread as well. I think your question may be better fitted there, as...

...and I just realised that thread is about GB & stuff only.
blush.gif

*it's too early to threadreply decent*

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
XFlak said:
Where do I begin... nes wads are virtual console games, and don't contain an emulator in the traditional sense of the word.

off course they do, VC WADs are just ROM dumps packed with an emulator and a bunch of stuff (patch, config, channel installer, DOL loader, etc)

QUOTEwas wondering if somebody knew how you can change the emulator inside the nes wads,

And change it with what, may I ask you ?

VC emulators are what they are, they were coded to work fine with released games and nothing much more, it only works with other games if the emulator is generic (and accurate) enough.

Your only choice is to mod FCEUGX to load a fixed ROM and pack the whole into a channel installer but that's it, you can't simply replace a dol with another, nothing works as simple as this. You could eventually steal original banners from the VC dump but still it won't be injection but "recreation"

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
OP
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
well i indeed ment to replace the inside emulator with a better one, one that does load the games good... but i have no idea on how to do such things... so i anybody can tell me how to mod a FCEUGX dol to load a fixed rom inside the wad like they did with the GB wads from orange chicken then i could make some games work like star wars for nes and batman return of the joker... and maybe time lord too...

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Just a thought, but it might be simpler to modify fceugx to accept autoboot rom arguments, then have an app like "CRAP" build a forwarder for it (exactly how CRAP builds cfg usb forwarders, except there wont be a banner in the rom like there is in Wii Games). Or, you can just build a forwarder dol that loads arguments from meta_romname.xml instead, then inside meta_romname.xml include the argument to autoboot romname. Then inject the new forwarder dol into w/e channel u want.

Only downside to all this is that u'd need the rom and fceugx on an SD\USB and plugged into the Wii for it to work. Anyways... frankly I don't see the point, just load up your emulator and choose the rom u want from there! But w/e, good luck either way.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
FGOD said:
i know it is in some 000000x.app but which and how to change it...

i tried the roms with several emulators and some worked other didn't... so it is really emulator related...

In VC wads the emulator sits in 00000001.app
wink.gif

BTW, when you encounter compatibility problems, make sure to a) always use the latest release of vc host wads and b) keep in mind that there can be several reasons why a .rom works on emulator on PC and not injected. Like games which used to have battery based save features, rom header problems and so on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I havent finished watching it so no spoilers pls