Hacking How to bypass HDCP protection on PS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want to stream a game with my Elgato capture card but it didn't work. After looking up the issue apparently it can't stream it due to something called HDCP? with a CFW PS3 I am hoping there's a way around this? I don't really understand what this is other than it has something to do with the HDMI. Is there any way to get around this CFW wise or am I gonna have to buy something?

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
For the record, not all HDMI splitters strip HDCP from my experience, so I'd make sure wherever someone gets one has a good returns policy.
Isn't that what enables HDMI splitters to work? So if one didn't have HDCP stripping it wouldn't work at all with HDCP content.
Note: A splitter (takes one input and splits it to multiple displays) is not the same thing as a switch (takes multiple inputs and allows you to switch between them and only take up one port on the display) and the latter is certainly not guaranteed to have HDCP stripping.

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Isn't that what enables HDMI splitters to work? So if one didn't have HDCP stripping it wouldn't work at all with HDCP content.
Note: A splitter (takes one input and splits it to multiple displays) is not the same thing as a switch (takes multiple inputs and allows you to switch between them and only take up one port on the display) and the latter is certainly not guaranteed to have HDCP stripping.

Don’t ask me why, all I know is that the different replacement I got worked fine in the same setup with my LGP Lite.

So either there was some weird issue or I was unlucky and got one that at least tried to block capture devices.

I never looked too deeply into it since at the time I had a use for the ‘problematic’ splitter where I didn’t need to care about HDCP removal.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

they do strip the signal but it is required to do another HDCP handshake from the output of the splitter to be HDCP compliant. a lot of switches did not do this since the hardware itself was never verified by anyone that handles HDCP certification. once people found out and posted publicly that it bypasses HDCP then the device in question will lose it's HDCP certification and have it's keys revoked unless it is fixed with a new hardware revision. what I find interesting is that the keys for all the splitters that bypass HDCP have not been revoked, which would cause the splitter to fail a handshake with an updated device that has a newer HDCP key blacklist that includes the key the splitter was assigned.

A lot of splitters on the market have older reviews that talk about HDCP bypassing that no longer works on the current revision they are selling as the hardware was updated soon afterward.

4K splitters were not a thing until recently and those have not had any widespread usage for HDCP bypass as it was well known by anyone issuing HDCP keys nowadays that manufacturers were cutting corners and releasing switches that don't encrypt the output stream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: