Hacking How to Brick Proof Wii Console 3.3v1 Tutorial & Installer

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Did you try downgrading with the any region changer? If so...maybe it missed something while doing it? You have to watch the screen in progress to make sure of the errors... I have had to repeat these kinds of things before and the 2nd time it worked... I don't know why this seems to happen sometimes but it does... but other than that... I have never had a problem.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
thawkins1 said:
Starfall doesn't work for me is says I have system menu v289 and it needs v290 but I am on 3.2U :S
if you have 3.2u or if you downgraded to 3.2u that means you have menu v289 and it should work for you , if not rerun the cios downgrader 1.1 again
wink.gif
I'm sure it will work .
QUOTEhmm I haven't tried downgrading it yet. Because since I had 3.2 I thought it wasn't needed.
then you better install starfall and get your self brick proof shield
wink.gif

El-Grosso

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm on 3.3E, and kind of confused what this is. :s

Shouldn't I just wait for CSM or Bootmii for an anti bricking thing? Though I don't install bad wads anyway..

Nice work anyway though.
biggrin.gif

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
El-Grosso said:
I'm on 3.3E, and kind of confused what this is. :s

Shouldn't I just wait for CSM or Bootmii for an anti bricking thing? Though I don't install bad wads anyway..

Nice work anyway though.
biggrin.gif
well thanks much , you know the idea is to keep the specialties of 3.3 Ioss and get the benefites of 3.2 with starfall , to me this is the best setup I've had so far after many hours and days of testing and a lot of trials and error
wink.gif
but it pay off at the end with the success of your theory
smile.gif

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Niktout said:
at step 5- go to HBC and run (3 - Wii Cios Downgrader v1.1) and here choose the 3.2 that match your

Wii region , then confirm and downgrade

Whenever i try to downgrade to 3.2E or 3.1E i keep getting ERROR! (ret = -1035)
Any idea to fix this ?
you wanna be sure that you have ios37 rev3 or up other wise the downgrader will not work properly .

recacer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i really hate to dumb-down this amazing thread, but you mention that one must have 3.3U/E-v1 in order for this to work. i know i have 3.3u, but how do i know which version it is? it was purchased new a week and a half ago.

also, hypothetically
wink.gif
... if i had a semi-brick wii i would not be able to get into the wii settings correct? so if am i able to get in there, i wouldn't have a semi-brick?

thanks for any help.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
recacer said:
i really hate to dumb-down this amazing thread, but you mention that one must have 3.3U/E-v1 in order for this to work. i know i have 3.3u, but how do i know which version it is? it was purchased new a week and a half ago.

also, hypothetically
wink.gif
... if i had a semi-brick wii i would not be able to get into the wii settings correct? so if am i able to get in there, i wouldn't have a semi-brick?

thanks for any help.
OK this is easy , if you can run the TPH and HBC on your Wii that mean you have 3.3U v1 if you cann't install the TPH and HBC that means you are running 3.3U v2 , and for that you need to run a_running_pir8 fix then come back here for the Brick Proof , and if you have access to settings that means you have no semi-brick , but does not mean you are safe from updates or bad WADs or a semi-brick or a system brick
wink.gif

Niktout

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Is there anyway to get starfall working on a wii jap 3.2E ? when i tried it said that was only for 3.2U/E :/ (and no i won't use any region changer cause i wanna keep it as a jap console since i already have a PAL one)

thanks

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Niktout said:
Is there anyway to get starfall working on a wii jap 3.2E ? when i tried it said that was only for 3.2U/E :/ (and no i won't use any region changer cause i wanna keep it as a jap console since i already have a PAL one)

thanks
I'm sorry buddy it only work with U/E it's not compatible with J but since you have a pal one , get that one shielded with Starfall and Try Mods and WADs on it first then when it's ok use it on the Jap one
wink.gif

Niktout

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
heh thanks but i already installed everything on my PAL yesterday hence my question about the downgrader not working on the top of page 2^^.
But well, i really wanna get rid of this annoying ding ding music on the channel's screen which is removed with starfall
tongue.gif
aslo removing the warning when you start the console would be nice as well ^^.

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Niktout said:
heh thanks but i already installed everything on my PAL yesterday hence my question about the downgrader not working on the top of page 2^^.
But well, i really wanna get rid of this annoying ding ding music on the channel's screen which is removed with starfall
tongue.gif
aslo removing the warning when you start the console would be nice as well ^^.
oh ok , for the moment as I said I doubt it will run on jap console but I've never tested it my self , if you wanna give it a shot go ahead it is safe , cause if for any reason not compatible it will tell you and will not install , so it's up to you totally , and if you do it good luck and please post the results
wink.gif

Niktout

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Well, i've already tested and the program exits by itself so yeah it's safe and only compatible with U/E for now, i hope the next release will be compatible with J as well if there's ever one
smile.gif

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
grafik said:
so will this guide work if i start from scratch? i have 3.2U and dont have hbc yet.
oh yeah you are at the right place , just skip the downgrade step since you are at the right firmware version
wink.gif

djsika

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just realise dyou meat post in here haha,

i'm really confussed, because i have 3.3u installed at the moment so i cant boot any backups, and i dont have the homebrew channel any more so i cant take it down to 3.2, so how can i install the homebre channel? i dont have a original The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, i onoly have a backup.

P.S my wii was originally jap, but now its 3.3u, so will i have to purchase a zelda (usa) original version to get homebrew back on my machine or jap zelda?? as my copy isnt working at all, please guys let me know , need this back up an runing for x-mas family games so need to order one in online.

Dteyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BIG MOE said:
I Big Moe Present the (Best Of Both Worlds) that will guide you through a full

install from scratch with 3.3U/E-v1 to 3.2U/E with Wiishop Channel working and 3.3 Ios Benefits and

Starfall Recovery Menu Benefits with no update harms or massages or even needs .

How do I get an update massage? Sounds relaxing...
smile.gif

Hehe just kidding Big Moe, great job on the installer. Keep up the great work!

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
djsika said:
Just realise dyou meat post in here haha,

i'm really confussed, because i have 3.3u installed at the moment so i cant boot any backups, and i dont have the homebrew channel any more so i cant take it down to 3.2, so how can i install the homebre channel? i dont have a original The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, i onoly have a backup.

P.S my wii was originally jap, but now its 3.3u, so will i have to purchase a zelda (usa) original version to get homebrew back on my machine or jap zelda?? as my copy isnt working at all, please guys let me know , need this back up an runing for x-mas family games so need to order one in online.
yes buddy , sorry but you have to have the Zelda original one that match your region , that's the only way to run the Twilight Hack
wink.gif

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Dteyn said:
BIG MOE said:
I Big Moe Present the (Best Of Both Worlds) that will guide you through a full

install from scratch with 3.3U/E-v1 to 3.2U/E with Wiishop Channel working and 3.3 Ios Benefits and

Starfall Recovery Menu Benefits with no update harms or massages or even needs .

How do I get an update massage? Sounds relaxing...
smile.gif

Hehe just kidding Big Moe, great job on the installer. Keep up the great work!
good catch bro , already fixed , I don't want my installer to do massages to people
wink.gif
, and you welcome bro
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...