How to backup save file in NOR?

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by robot85, Jul 25, 2011.

Jul 25, 2011
  1. robot85
    OP

Newcomer robot85 Newbie

Canada
    So I have a game flashed to the NOR of my EZflash 3in1. I've read somewhere that when you put another game onto the NOR, the save from the old game is backed up to your sd card.
    Thinking that would work, I went ahead and put another game on the NOR...

Well, it didn't work. Which means I've lost the save to the game, and now I must start all over. [​IMG]

I've tried playing around with GBAexploader, and I can't find a way to backup the save with it. It says there's nothing in the SRAM, but there should be because there is a save on it. (new one, btw)

Any idea on how to backup the save file of a game on the ezflash 3in1's NOR memory?

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    Nobody on this site is a mind reader. you didn't even bother to say what you used to flash a game to NOR in the first place.

BE AWARE OF WHAT YOU DO: Switching between different loaders is a good way to make your problem worse.

3. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    If you use GBAexpLoader, you have to reboot the console after playing a GBA game and re-run GBAexpLoader to automatically backup the NOR to SD card.

If you are using CycloDS evo, it's done automatically on boot if you set GBA mode ON. (don't forget to reboot DS right after playing a gba game to backup it automatically).

PS: Maybe it's done automatically only with Sram?
    try using GBAexploader backup function right after playing, not when adding a new game.

4. robot85
    OP

Newcomer robot85 Newbie

Canada
    Apologies for not mentioning how I flashed the game onto the NOR.

I'm using my Acekard 2i to do that. (AKAIO)

AKAIO has the option to dump the sram. It makes it into a .sav file.

But it seems (after loading the .sav into visual boy advance with the identical ROM) that the sram .sav is empty. It does not seem to hold my save file.

Now I am confused... if sram doesn't hold my save on the ez flash 3in1, what does? :S

5. Sora de Eclaune

Member Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

United States
    Usually if you play a GBA game in the NOR of the 3in1, it will automatically make a backup for you every time you play. I'm not sure for GBA Exploader or anything, since I've never used anything but the Wood R4 menu to load GBA games with.

6. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    See the 3rd answer in BUGs, fixes, and weird behaviors in this link: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=130659

It answers why you CAN'T immediately import a GBA save made by AKAIO into VBA. you can manually delete the header or find the program that does it in the download section.

7. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia