Hacking how to back up NAND with bootmii under 4.0E LU70?HELP!!!&#

mikecat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
already installed bootmii of ios in my wii followed the guide (For system 4), lunched bootmii in HBC but can not sort to gears to back up NAND. power,reset,and eject all won't work. Does any body know how to do it now?THANKS!!!!

mikecat

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks!Is this the only way to do it? It is hard to find a GC controller now days. What if i don't do this back up and go directly to cios?is that very risky to become brick?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you dont need a NAND backup, but then you have less brick protection.
From the look of it, you have no idea about wii hacking so i suggest you find a gamecube controller and gets to NAND backin up.
CIOS wont brick your wii.
installing bad .wads and making stupid decisions will.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Also bootmii as an IOS won't do anything for you in terms of brick protection. If you can't install it to boot2 on your system, you can't get brick protection from bootmii.

Making a NAND backup with the IOS version will basically just give you a LAST resort before sending your wii to nintendo due to a brick because you will be able to use a hardware NAND programmer to flash that backup directly back to your chip.

So if your Wii can't install it to boot2, your only option for brick protection is preloader, which should not be installed until after you update your system and do any patching to IOS60 because updating will remove it anyways and patching IOS60 will require you to reinstall it anyways.

If you are afraid of bricking read through everything in my guide and then continue. Knowledge is the best protection against bricking and preloader is there for any of the other possible bricks (besides like power failure during updating or something beyond your control).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1