Hacking How to auto boot from the Revocery menu?

opac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I recently got my Wii bricked from the 4.2 update (error 003 with Korean wii), but I can still get into the recovery menu with the GC controller in 4th slot.

Now my question is how do I manage to boot from the recovery menu so I can get the error fixed and get to play my games again either by reinstalling Homebrew or getting it changed so I dont get the Error 003.

I am a completely newbie when it comes to all this, so any help is greatly appreciative.

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Did you region change to the US??

Because you should be able with a modchip or the diagnostic disc check off before starting this to be able to fix your Wii by running smashstack from a US Brawl version. Load Loadmii and you can run any .dol or .elf so you have Homebrew back essentially.

opac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
After the update the region did change to US, as it says in the recovery menu 4.2 (US) I just need to know how to go from there

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok, what you want to do is have the stacksmash on the SD card if you have a US version of Brawl (DVD9) burnt or legit (burnt has to be with a drivekey, legit has to have the diagnostic disc check off or a drivekey [or most modchips]) and then you can load the game, go to the stage editor, it will run Loadmii, choose the SD card as the location or wherever you have .dol files and then load TBR so you can get the trucha bug on your Wii (skip that if you already have) and then run the WAD Manager under a trucha bugged IOS. Enjoy.

I think we have confirmation drivekey fully works but I can't test it yet, likely gonna buy one soon.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
illinialex24 said:
Ok, what you want to do is have the stacksmash on the SD card if you have a US version of Brawl (DVD9) burnt or legit (burnt has to be with a drivekey, legit has to have the diagnostic disc check off or a drivekey [or most modchips]) and then you can load the game, go to the stage editor, it will run Loadmii, choose the SD card as the location or wherever you have .dol files and then load TBR so you can get the trucha bug on your Wii (skip that if you already have) and then run the WAD Manager under a trucha bugged IOS. Enjoy.

I think we have confirmation drivekey fully works but I can't test it yet, likely gonna buy one soon.
i have an extra one i can let go for cheap!
fully working
save you a lot a $

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just so you know, the USA version of SSBB won't autoboot unless you've disabled the diagnostic disc check with preloader or startpatch. Until that's resolved somehow you're out of luck.

opac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FenrirWolf said:
Just so you know, the USA version of SSBB won't autoboot unless you've disabled the diagnostic disc check with preloader or startpatch. Until that's resolved somehow you're out of luck.

I also got SSBB, but I think its a burned copy from the USA version. Is there anyway to get preloader or startpatch to work from the Rescue Menu?

opac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My problem is basicly that I hoped that you would be able to solve the error 003 if you could access the rescue menu (which I can) my problem is just that I really have no idea how I go from there; how do I get anything booted from the rescue menu and how do I fix the error 003 from there?

I only got to play my Wii for 2 days before it bricked and it would be a sorry waste of money if its not solveable

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
opac said:
FenrirWolf said:

I also got SSBB, but I think its a burned copy from the USA version. Is there anyway to get preloader or startpatch to work from the Rescue Menu?
Nopes. You see, you need to autoboot a disc and run homebrew from it to do that. But to autoboot SSBB you need preloader/startpatch. See the conundrum?

illinialex24

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I know its possible with preloader/startpatch hacks in place, doing it every day lol. And according to xzxero, its possible with drivekey as well. This would be huge, he said he's autobooted it with no hacks in place. I wanna test this out.

opac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FenrirWolf said:
opac said:
FenrirWolf said:

Nopes. You see, you need to autoboot a disc and run homebrew from it to do that. But to autoboot SSBB you need preloader/startpatch. See the conundrum?

So how would you go about unbricking the Error 003?

opac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
illinialex24 said:
Use the WAD Manager to either try Da_Letter_A's fix for the system menu or IOS70

OR

Downgrade to 4.1.

Ok, another newbie question. If I am able to create an auto boot disc (still dont know how) how do I either use the above things you listed or downgrade?

Please pardon my ignorance, but I am absolutely clueless when it comes to all this, but I greatly appreciate the help!

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
opac said:
FenrirWolf said:
opac said:
FenrirWolf said:

For now, you don't.

opac

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FenrirWolf said:
opac said:
FenrirWolf said:
opac said:
FenrirWolf said:

For now, you don't/

Fuck, so I have to go get a new Wii?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)