Hardware How Sexy Is Your Switch?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
here's mine :) @hippy dave - want to share a picture of the other half? (to everyone else: we swapped joycon shells)
jrI0Nux.jpg

Reactions: hippy dave

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish we could change joystick, if that ever shows up, please let me know...

Also Ipega made this compatible with Switch:
maxresdefault.jpg

(not my pic).

Sadly it only works via bluetooth, I wish it could attach to the Switch.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Here is mine! Damn crack formed next to the plus button recently, very irritating since I just bough it! There's a lot of flex in that area so it's no wonder it happened, and even though it's not very noticeable with a translucent display, it still irks me!

3qGhZJk.jpg

Reactions: Nevercholt

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is mine! Damn crack formed next to the plus button recently, very irritating since I just bough it! There's a lot of flex in that area so it's no wonder it happened, and even though it's not very noticeable with a translucent display, it still irks me!

3qGhZJk.jpg
Hey there, how’s that Dpad? I was just looking at that case. :)

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, how’s that Dpad? I was just looking at that case. :)
Works great! Feels just like any standard dpad with the Switch's clicky buttons. Be warned that you maybe should be careful with the right joycon with it on, as it tends to like to flex, and potentially crack! I ordered a new right joycon shell because of that. ;(

Reactions: slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works great! Feels just like any standard dpad with the Switch's clicky buttons. Be warned that you maybe should be careful with the right joycon with it on, as it tends to like to flex, and potentially crack! I ordered a new right joycon shell because of that. ;(
I hear you. Those aftermarket parts never fit quite right. I replaced the housing on my Psp and found it didn’t fit or feel right, so I changed it back. Now my Psp won’t even boot, except on the 1/100th time. The whole Psp shell is a bicth to replace and I’ve swotn off 3rd party shells, but that dpad seems worth it. Maybe I just change the tablet back and left joycon only, but I’m afraid the new shell won’t fit.

Last edited by slaphappygamer,

QuarterLife

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take a look at my pics, neither right joycon has that problem. The mold they used has a minor flaw where the switch's rail sits that causes that flex (Too tight). You can fix it by sanding the joycon rail in one small location, which is invisible when assembled.

If you get it all together right the only remaining flaw is the ZL button being a little looser than stock.

Last edited by QuarterLife,

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Really need to get a dpad case... Been wanting one for a while and was fine with buttons but after playing street fighter :(

I've seen cases where the joycon shells don't sit together properly, is that a common thing?

QuarterLife

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really need to get a dpad case... Been wanting one for a while and was fine with buttons but after playing street fighter :(

I've seen cases where the joycon shells don't sit together properly, is that a common thing?

Yeah, every one sold is like that, but it's not hard to fix and only affects the right joycon. See my post above yours.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
Take a look at my pics, neither right joycon has that problem. The mold they used has a minor flaw where the switch's rail sits that causes that flex (Too tight). You can fix it by sanding the joycon rail in one small location, which is invisible when assembled.
It just cracked for me, not sure why but it did within days of installing. I was able to easily fix the right joycon having a bump. Like I said, I already ordered a new one so whatever.

Hey @Huntereb , that dpad, I understand there is no “ball” in the middle so you you can press all directions at the same time. Can we use an original dpad instead? (Maybe from a ds or wii remote?)
Very unlikely, unless someone starts manufacturing one specific to the switch.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol