How often do you cheat on DS games?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Link5084, Oct 13, 2008.

Oct 13, 2008
  1. Link5084
    OP

Member Link5084 Sword & Shield at your service

United States
    Very little actually. I only used cheats on Final Fantasy IV, TWEWY, and New Super Mario Bros so far.

2. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    hm, that's a lot of thinking.
    uhm, i haxed a few "unobtainable" legends into my pokemon save, for personal usage(not trading/wifi battling with them).
    and i did testing with camera haxing for OOT style camera in LoZ PH.
    and i downloaded a completed save for jus after completing the game and unlocking a large amount of characters myself.

for GBA i used an unlock all cheat on medabots AX, but that was because i'd have to trade parts to get all which doesn't work with a DS.

3. mrSmiles

Member mrSmiles mrSmiles {^_^}

Canada
    as little as possible, unless i cant get through a certain area/part of the game

4. Kamiyama

Member Kamiyama GBAtemp Fan

Finland
    Never. I hate cheats in all format.

5. Raestloz

Member Raestloz GBATemp's Lone Wolf

Indonesia
    Almost all the time, except if the game was fun (like TWEWY, PW), then I'll try my best to ignore [Cheats(Y)], other than that, I play each game with cheats, provided theere are cheats for them. Except for ones that don't have cheats (Like, Taiko no Tatsujin, up until a month ago, at least)

6. Raven Darkheart

Member Raven Darkheart The Radioactive Flamer

United States
    the only CHEAT i use is the AI boost in Speed Racer

7. Salamantis

Member Salamantis GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Most games because without cheats I just can't NOT suck [​IMG]

8. WildWon

Former Staff WildWon EXTERMINATE!

United States
    I cheat randomly. Usually its because i'm board and want to mess around with making mario invincible and just run through destroying things, or in FPS's to try out later guns. But i never save when cheating. Or if i do, its on another save slot. I don't use them to get further in the game, just for effing around. Its a good time waster [​IMG]

Oh, and i usually cheat in the Lego games because i like the stories, i just hate worrying about hitting the Jedi/Ultra/Hero whatever levels of collecting the "coin" legos. I played the hell out of LEGO Star Wars 2 (original cart, glitched to shit and back) and now doing that on the newer games seems like a waste of time to me. lol

9. ConJ

Member ConJ The Toker

United Kingdom
    not very often, although i have been using them on final fantasy iv, however....
    it kinda defeats the object of most games, most of the time, especially the unlock codes.

10. papyrus

Member papyrus GBAtemp Fan

Philippines
    I use cheat, more often the Exp Multiplier codes. I hate grinding.

11. mysticwaterfall

Member mysticwaterfall Streamforce Supreme Commander

United States
    I preatty much only use infiniate lives in games like mario and sonic... unless it destroys the game, like nanostray or something. Overall there's only a very few games I cheat with, since it mostly ruins the point I think.

12. tKo HaXoR

Member tKo HaXoR GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I cheat at a "Moderate" level.
    I usually cheat on games that require many hours of effort to unlock features and such.

13. Upperleft

Member Upperleft Namcoholic

United Arab Emirates
    for some additional money that i'm too lazy to collect.
    i hate using "Unlock all characters" type of cheats .. it just ruins the unlocking fun for me [​IMG]

14. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Very rarely. I will use a cheat to get over a place I may be stuck in a game, or after I beat a game, but I generally don't use them.

15. pasc

Member pasc GBATemps official GBA Freak

Germany
    well, I hate cheating... I once nearly did it... but then luckily didn't do it on that one fateful game ^^.

I did it on SM 64 and Resident Evil for the fun (lol @ burning zombies)...

Other than that ? To unlock normally ununlockable stuff. And once in Tales of Innocence because I was bored of the last endboss... I might finish it one day... but that will take ALOT of grinding.

So to sum it up:

Normally I want to avoid cheating, except if I'm so bored by a game that I don't want to complete it. The only games that ever got that procedure so far are:

Supermario 64 DS, Resident Evil DS, Tales of Innocence.

The other cheats I ever used were only for the lol and in no wise for the sake of finishing the game.

16. imz

Member imz GBAtemp's vigilante

United Kingdom
    about 1% of the time, I try never to use cheats as if I can't complete a game then cheating would destroy the whole purpose so it's best to just give up, the only time I would use AR, however, is if a game makes me very frustrated by I still want to play on to the end due to something interesting or compelling about it (e.g. storyline, unlockables) one example of this was with Dementium:the ward, the save system with that game was so horrid and frustrating that I just gave up on the game entirely, later on I heard that the game had a very compelling storyline with a twist at the end, eager to discover it for myself whilst maintaining my sanity, I used the infinite health cheat (but no other) to complete the game and IMO it was worth it because the ending is TWISTED!

17. Frederica Bernkastel

Member Frederica Bernkastel WebPerf and PWA advocate; @antoligy on Twitter

United Kingdom
    Not really at all.
    I cheated on Metroid prime Hunters, with testing my codes, and also the colour modifiers.
    But then I used auto-trainer maker, and I have the colours built in.

18. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Nope don't cheat.

I do like to use codes or whatever to get into places the developers don't want you to get into.

19. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    rarely. the only games i can recall is ff iv (to speed up grinding) and yugioh 2008 (to unlock all the cards).

20. Seven

Member Seven oh hell no

United States
    Almost never, unless it's an unending grind or whenever I really get pissed off at random encounters. Also when I'm bored and I already finished the game.