Gaming How often do you cheat on DS games?

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hm, that's a lot of thinking.
uhm, i haxed a few "unobtainable" legends into my pokemon save, for personal usage(not trading/wifi battling with them).
and i did testing with camera haxing for OOT style camera in LoZ PH.
and i downloaded a completed save for jus after completing the game and unlocking a large amount of characters myself.

for GBA i used an unlock all cheat on medabots AX, but that was because i'd have to trade parts to get all which doesn't work with a DS.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Almost all the time, except if the game was fun (like TWEWY, PW), then I'll try my best to ignore [Cheats(Y)], other than that, I play each game with cheats, provided theere are cheats for them. Except for ones that don't have cheats (Like, Taiko no Tatsujin, up until a month ago, at least)

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Most games because without cheats I just can't NOT suck
frown.gif

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cheat randomly. Usually its because i'm board and want to mess around with making mario invincible and just run through destroying things, or in FPS's to try out later guns. But i never save when cheating. Or if i do, its on another save slot. I don't use them to get further in the game, just for effing around. Its a good time waster
smile.gif

Oh, and i usually cheat in the Lego games because i like the stories, i just hate worrying about hitting the Jedi/Ultra/Hero whatever levels of collecting the "coin" legos. I played the hell out of LEGO Star Wars 2 (original cart, glitched to shit and back) and now doing that on the newer games seems like a waste of time to me. lol

ConJ

The Toker
Trophies
Website
xat.com
XP
Country
not very often, although i have been using them on final fantasy iv, however....
it kinda defeats the object of most games, most of the time, especially the unlock codes.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I preatty much only use infiniate lives in games like mario and sonic... unless it destroys the game, like nanostray or something. Overall there's only a very few games I cheat with, since it mostly ruins the point I think.

Upperleft

Namcoholic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
for some additional money that i'm too lazy to collect.
i hate using "Unlock all characters" type of cheats .. it just ruins the unlocking fun for me
frown.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very rarely. I will use a cheat to get over a place I may be stuck in a game, or after I beat a game, but I generally don't use them.

P

pasc

well, I hate cheating... I once nearly did it... but then luckily didn't do it on that one fateful game ^^.

I did it on SM 64 and Resident Evil for the fun (lol @ burning zombies)...

Other than that ? To unlock normally ununlockable stuff. And once in Tales of Innocence because I was bored of the last endboss... I might finish it one day... but that will take ALOT of grinding.

So to sum it up:

Normally I want to avoid cheating, except if I'm so bored by a game that I don't want to complete it. The only games that ever got that procedure so far are:

Supermario 64 DS, Resident Evil DS, Tales of Innocence.

The other cheats I ever used were only for the lol and in no wise for the sake of finishing the game.

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
about 1% of the time, I try never to use cheats as if I can't complete a game then cheating would destroy the whole purpose so it's best to just give up, the only time I would use AR, however, is if a game makes me very frustrated by I still want to play on to the end due to something interesting or compelling about it (e.g. storyline, unlockables) one example of this was with Dementium:the ward, the save system with that game was so horrid and frustrating that I just gave up on the game entirely, later on I heard that the game had a very compelling storyline with a twist at the end, eager to discover it for myself whilst maintaining my sanity, I used the infinite health cheat (but no other) to complete the game and IMO it was worth it because the ending is TWISTED!

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Not really at all.
I cheated on Metroid prime Hunters, with testing my codes, and also the colour modifiers.
But then I used auto-trainer maker, and I have the colours built in.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope don't cheat.

I do like to use codes or whatever to get into places the developers don't want you to get into.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: :whip: