How my life is

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lali ho!

I'm bored out of my damn mind while I wait for certain events which I'll cover in detail momentarily, so here's a report on how my life is going right now to kill the time. Alarmingly it's positive for once. Just thought I'd give you some warning so the shock of something going right for me doesn't blow your minds, it's fucked my brain up already, no reason to inflict it on the rest of you
smile.gif

- First of all, while it has already been said in other topics today, I finally got the last piece of paper I require to finalise my contract with JJB Sports and start work. A letter from Customs with proof of my National Insurance number, which should carry as much weight as the NI card they asked for. My new boss won't be in today so I'll go see him tomorrow morning to give him the good news, finalise all the legal drivel and finally be back on track with contracted hours at a decent store. Go me. It's still kinda freaking me out that I got the job as easily as I did. After all the effort I've wasted on various interview techniques, I walked into JJB thinking 'not gonna get it, why even try' and got the job with no effort at all. And saying 'I have a job' still feels unnatural to me since I've not had a paying shift for nearly a year thanks to a fuckup at my last job. Guess I'll get used to it.

- As you know, I'm still injured from a battle against a violent dick head attacking someone precious to me. My eye is still bruised a little although it is recovering. Worrying slowly I might add, I normally regenerate pretty swiftly but this time it seems to be healing extremely slowly. Hopefully it should be fully healed by the weekend so I can start work without looking like a goth. Or a panda.

- The special edition Final Fantasy Potion my friend ordered for me from eBay as thanks for my valiant defence of her honour has yet to arrive, which is rather annoying. Not even been posted yet. Lazy ass whore not posting my shiny thing. The guy's had more than enough time. I'll give him until I get back from the office tomorrow, if no activity then I'm emailing him to ask WTF is going on.

- My little brother (of sorts) is still here. And it's driving me crackers because he's a total 'tard and talks complete and utter bollocks non-stop. He's an arrogant little prick who really needs a smack in the face, but regretably I am unable to deliver said smack otherwise it will spark a family row again since the old man has already made his allegiance clear and it ain't me. But there's always a bigger fish. One day he'll talk smack to some kid in school and he'll get his ass handed to him, which should provide the proper attitude adjustment without me having to lift a finger. Thankfully he's leaving at some point this evening and I'll finally be able to watch TV past 10PM again since he'll no longer be sleeping on the sofa or annoying me by playing Farcry for days on end building bumper cards and other shite.

- It's my birthday soon. Week Wednesday to be precise, on the 18th. I'll be 23, but I'll not be celebrating. I have a new job, but things with Jess aren't going so well. She's been pretty quiet lately. Something's bugging her but she continualy tells me it's nothing. She's not pregnant, that I know. And she's certainly not cheating on me, she has a sense of honour. But something's really getting to her. She says she'll be OK and that it's something she has to face alone, so as per her request I am merely keeping an eye on her to make sure she's safe, I'm not interfering with whatever it is until she asks. Doesn't stop me worrying about her though. As for my birthday, since I don't expect anyone to get me anything (my dad got me Demon's Souls on launch day, although it's clearly for my little brother, thinly veiled as a birthday present for me and yet brother has priority use) and my older brother got me Clerks on DVD (my VHS copy was fucked), and Jess is preoccupied so I'm not concerned about getting anything from her aside from the all clear on whatever's bugging her. This year will probably suck. But then you know you're getting old when you don't turn a profit out of birthdays and christmas any more.

- I've got the new Tekken film on my DS, hopefully it won't completely suck monkey tits. But given that it's a game->movie adaption, I doubt it. The only one I know of that's even remotely watchable is Silent Hill, and even that wasn't phenominal. But whatever, it's free. If all else fails I'll just delete it and try the new Karate Kid movie instead. And if that sucks I'll just swap back to my main card, finish off Megaman Zero 4, train my latest Monster Rancher project for a bit then finally start Dragon Quest 9. Had it on the card since about 5 minutes after it was dumped, still not started it.

- My PSP seems to be left in the dust. I started off adding all sorts of ISO's and emulators to it, but after a fair portion of my games screwed me over I kinda lost interest. What can I do to revitalise it? I'm planning on buying (that's right, you read that correctly, BUYING, not STEALING) Kingdom Hearts BBS and Ace Combat X2 Joint Assault, partially to support the industry but mostly because the files will take up too much of my limited memory capacity. I'm thinking of deleting Patapon 2 'cause it's kinda boring, maybe starting Brave Story since I never got round to it, but I could do with a decent game recommendation. I tried asking the only other PSP user I know, but Kai's a collosal perv so the only thing he could recommend was DOA Paradise. I have a girlfriend and therefore no need of wierd Japanese fap material. Any decent recommendations? Small file size preferred and must be confirmed working on 5.50 Prometheus to save me fuckin' around.

Well, that's about it. That's helped to kill a few minutes.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Blaze163 said:
Worrying slowly I might add, I normally regenerate pretty swiftly but this time it seems to be healing extremely slowly.
I only usually regenerate when I'm near death.

Great that you finally got a job.
wink.gif

And did you read my PM?
tongue.gif

And I hope Jess cheers up soon.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you mean the message about the Cov girl making a fool of herself on Weakest Link, yes. Incidentally, it's a relative of my ex girlfriend. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, should be good for the next time she tries to win me back by making a fool of herself. Gave everyone a good laugh.

Jess will be fine, I think it's just the job situation dragging her down like it did me. The good thing is that she knows it gets better because it did for me, and she knows she can call on me for help whenever she needs it. I've already recommended her to my boss for when Aman quits next month.

My Potion finally arrived at least. The bottle cap has come undone from the stylised top, which is a major pain in the hole 'cause the cap is metal and the topper is plastic, ergo I lack the ability to glue them back together. Suggestions?

As for the healing thing, it's something I've noticed over the last few years. While I used to recover from even serious injury after just a few days, ever since my return to Coventry I've not been healing at the same efficiency, and the more serious injuries leave scars where before they wouldn't. Maybe it's just a sign of age but I'm only 22, surely my metabolism can't be that badly screwed up yet?

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm starting to think it might be something about living in the city. I was born in a tiny village in the middle of nowhere, I've lived in similar places all my life, but the last few years I've been in the centre of this death trap of a city. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Trying to block out the stupidity of my aunt who's visiting for the weekend. Thankfully I've got an all new set of PSP games on my 4GB card, 10 games in total. It helps to drown her out. Tales of Eternia and Tales of Destiny REALLY help.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Picture of the FF Potion? I googled it, and saw a whole bunch of random bottles. Does it come with any potion inside? xD You could use it to heal your eye.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
No potion inside, it only cost a fiver off eBay so the potion has long since been consumed. Boxed with the card though.

2006-03-18_po.jpg

That's not mine, but mine's the same model. The blue top is supposed to be connected to the screw top of the bottle but it's loose. Needs glue or something but the screwcap is metal, the top is plastic, and the actual bottle itself is glass. But for a gift from a friend I certainly appreciate the sentiment. Might see if I can pick up the 10th anniversary variant as well.

potion.jpg

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Blaze163 said:
No potion inside, it only cost a fiver off eBay so the potion has long since been consumed. Boxed with the card though.

2006-03-18_po.jpg

That's not mine, but mine's the same model. The blue top is supposed to be connected to the screw top of the bottle but it's loose. Needs glue or something but the screwcap is metal, the top is plastic, and the actual bottle itself is glass. But for a gift from a friend I certainly appreciate the sentiment. Might see if I can pick up the 10th anniversary variant as well.

potion.jpg
ohmy.gif
Want!
I wonder how it tasted... ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
    Sheeba- @ Sheeba-: I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro