How Much Would My DS Lite Be Worth...

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Splych, Aug 18, 2008.

Aug 18, 2008
  1. Splych
    OP

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    Well I was wondering how much I would be able to sell my PolarWhite DS Lite w/ a Broken Hinge.

So far I haven't seen or experienced any known problems that would affect the gaming process but still I can post the problems with the Build Quality.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Those are all images of what my DS Lite looks like. How much could it be sold for? I am planning to sell this then buy one a new one.

Problems will be posted tommorow. I have to sleep. now.

- Echo

2. 13375p34k3r

Member 13375p34k3r GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Hmmm...Last time I looked around Ebay for broken hinge DS lites. They were fetching the decent sum of about $70. Which is pretty decent, however I would just repair it yourself or get someone to repair it for you.

3. Splych
    OP

Philippines
    Im in a rush so all I can say is this.

Well yea, I know I can just repair my DS but I sorta want to get a new one XP I don't want to risk getting it broken or anything like that.

Oh and here are the problems.

1.) Broken Hinge
    2.) L Button Not Responsive Sometimes
    3.) Crack Over The L Button ( Not On It Though)

But that's it . No other problems. Everything else is still good.

- Echo

4. currynoodles

Member currynoodles GBAtemp Regular

Malaysia
    I just sold off my DS. It had a faulty L shoulder button but otherwise in a good condition. Managed to sell it at AU$115.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Damaged-hinge-black...1QQcmdZViewItem

This guy managed to sell his off for 81 dollars even with the DS in 2 pieces. I reckon yours will go for about 50-70 dollars.

5. Ferrariman

Member Ferrariman Hip-Flop and cRap

Canada
    Yes, I think you could get around 60 USD if you sell it for parts.

6. Splych
    OP

Philippines
    alright.

Sell it for parts? Or Sell the whole thing then it will be used for parts.

So yea, just gotta tell my dad and clarify him about this. And This will go on fine.

7. IOwnAndPwnU

Member IOwnAndPwnU GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    My White DS has the same problem with the broken hinge. It looks exactly the same. [​IMG]

Although, is there a guide to fix this problem. Also, the piece that held the DS in 1 piece came out somehow and I was wondering how to put it in. I tried jamming it back in but no luck. At the moment, I'm hardly using it because I'm afraid of it falling apart. The small metal piece which WAS in the broken hole came out and right now I'm using some sticky tack to keep it in place. It kinda works but I have to manually fix it 2-3 times a day.

8. Splych
    OP

Philippines
    IOwn ~ nopez no solution onto fixing this problem. But there are only two that resort to using money.

1.) Buy a Replacement Case At DealExtreme. Then buy the necesary tools to fix and you are a ok. But only problem is that if you break a piece or do something wrong, something horrible may happen.

2.) Send it to Nintendo to get it fixed. But if I were you, I would delete all wi-fi memory just so Nintendo won't do anything. But this is pretty pricey.

So yea. Those are your only choices actually. Unless you choose to sell it, like what I might do then get a New DS Lite with part of the money then add money after it gets sold.

- Echo

9. IOwnAndPwnU

Member IOwnAndPwnU GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    What if I sell it ... and buy another used one for like the same price ($5-10 difference maybe).