Hardware How much is Switch v2 with hard mod installed and everything included

diddlydennis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Can I ask how much would this be?, someone is selling for £300 but not sure if that is a good price. It seems in mint condition but not sure if that is fair or offer another offer?

diddlydennis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
SO I shouldn't low ball?, its not banned too however, have no idea what the chip does say its sx os?. I do want to dabble in cfw in emulation so I can play dreamcast stuff

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SO I shouldn't low ball?, its not banned too however, have no idea what the chip does say its sx os?. I do want to dabble in cfw in emulation so I can play dreamcast stuff

Don't low ball £300 for even switch lite with the modchip cost around/over £300, the chip cost 100-200 dollars these days due to no stock, the chip allows you to run CFW as the chip serves as entry point, you can use emulator like Reicast for Dreamcast emulation.

Reactions: diddlydennis

diddlydennis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks, have no idea on how sxos or cfw works, is it easy though?. I want to do a full factory reset on the switch, however, how do I set up the device for emulation. Plus what does the mod chip do?, is it just bypassing the rcmloader thing to inject payload?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, have no idea on how sxos or cfw works, is it easy though?. I want to do a full factory reset on the switch, however, how do I set up the device for emulation. Plus what does the mod chip do?, is it just bypassing the rcmloader thing to inject payload?

If you understand entry point like fusee-gelee exploit where the unit is put into recovery mode allow you to bypass system security and inject payload, the modchip serves as entry point to injecting a payload of your choice. If you do get the unit with the SX Core Modchip you probably want to reflash it for Spacecraft-NX to allow you to run Atmosphere. As for reicast check the thread below

https://gbatemp.net/threads/reicast-dreamcast-emulator-for-switch-horizon-alpha.538394/

https://github.com/Spacecraft-NX/firmware

Reactions: diddlydennis

diddlydennis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
treat me like an idiot, so basically the modchip just allows me to inject payloads with having to tether to a device to inject correct?. Regarding spacecraft, what a nifty name btw does flashing remove sxos, or can still use it? Thank you

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
treat me like an idiot, so basically the modchip just allows me to inject payloads with having to tether to a device to inject correct?. Regarding spacecraft, what a nifty name btw does flashing remove sxos, or can still use it? Thank you

untether as you don't need a computer or payload dongle to boot into CFW as everything is internal, that how SAMD21 Modchip like trinket M0 on V1 unpatched units are, the modchip and autoboot config serves as untethered cold-boot on v1 unpatched unit, SX OS doesn't support firmware above 11.0.0, so if you get an unit with SX core you would have to flash Spacecraft-NX to use Atmosphere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k