tomqman

This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
so at work today(in the uk) i noticed we had a new drink instock called gatoraid and i thought where have i herd that. then it came to me it was american tv adverts and web adverts.
any way more to the point
its £1.25
wacko.gif
($2.49)
so how much does it cost in your shops in the us

S

scubersteve

i don't like gatorade...
I think it tastes like diluted fruit juice =/

It's been in Canada for a looong time.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
tomqman said:
that just shows how much more things cost in the uk
frown.gif
any one mind if i come over to america and live with you. also il bring my girlfriend
tongue.gif

It shows nothing other than the fact the pound is stronger than the dollar. As long as you're in your local market it makes no difference. It's £1.25 for you , or $1.25 for an American. You are still down by only 1.25. They have $5 they buy drink still have $3.75 to speed on other crap , you the same , have £5 , buy your drink for £1.25 , £3.75 to buy random crap with. Or if you insist on comparing the currencies , you could always look at it like this , you pay double , but your money is worth double , so you pay roughly the same. By all means , move to the usa if you wish and knock your self out with these lower prices , won't look so great though when your being paid and dealing with everything in $ , rather than converting from a currency that is worth twice as much.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Armadillo said:
tomqman said:
frown.gif
any one mind if i come over to america and live with you. also il bring my girlfriend
tongue.gif

It shows nothing other than the fact the pound is stronger than the dollar. As long as you're in your local market it makes no difference. It's £1.25 for you , or $1.25 for an American. You are still down by only 1.25. They have $5 they buy drink still have $3.75 to speed on other crap , you the same , have £5 , buy your drink for £1.25 , £3.75 to buy random crap with. Or if you insist on comparing the currencies , you could always look at it like this , you pay double , but your money is worth double , so you pay roughly the same. By all means , move to the usa if you wish and knock your self out with these lower prices , won't look so great though when your being paid and dealing with everything in $ , rather than converting from a currency that is worth twice as much.

Live your whole life in the UK until you hit fifty, move to the US. Bam, doubled your money.

tomqman

This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Law said:
Armadillo said:
tomqman said:
frown.gif
tongue.gif

Live your whole life in the UK until you hit fifty, move to the US. Bam, doubled your money.
thats what i was thinking lol. might save up for a hoilday to the US. first (next year got to save up to pay for me and my girl as she dosnt have a job). any where that i really should go. i like shopping for all sorts of stuff. i like walking. i want to see some great sights as well??

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
Interesting enough for the last 20 years my family has went to America to make money and them moved back to Europe and BAM tons of profit. This is the first year that the roles are reversed, kind of funny to hear someone talk about moving here at 50. I got 3 years to see the American dollar re-rise before I leave and I am hoping to see it go back up but if not America gave me an opportunity to make some good cash that I would not have made in my original country so either way it worked out for me. Gatorade comes in different sizes but I buy like 6 bottles for $3.50 at Target which isn't so bad. America is killing my pocket in other places (mainly their corruption) smokes at $7 a pack, Tax increases, toll booths that auto charge you (even though the roads f***ing suck). The Mayor of my city is like an ex mobster or something so it is all f***ed up here and he keeps getting busted yet no one does s***. Anyway I can pay $1.99 at a gas station for one bottle, or get get six of the same size for an extra dollar fifty.

And be careful if you move here Law, society will knock you, your friends will rag on you, yet anyone who moves here doesn't want to leave and those back home still try and bum us in the states for cash under the misconception that once you step on American soil your instantly rich. Me and a Russian friend have been trying to get citizenship for the past year, she is gonna get it but me...well it is pretty much impossible due to me being a "menace to society" lol. Doesn't matter anyway, once I get my money I just plan on hitting the open seas anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-