Hardware How much do you think .3ds will take?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mana94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that 3DSroms will now be 256MB for usual games and probably 512MB for bigger games.
I actually read that most of the 3D rendering isn't in the game itself, but in the
actual 3DS's hardware. This means that there is not need for a much larger filesize
so it's not like games will be 1GB or something that big...

256:
2rnto4n.jpg

512:(Because KH Games Typically have tons of worlds and usually take more space then other games)
bet555.jpg

What do you think?

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The fact sheet states they will initially start with 2 gig carts. Other than that im sure eventually it'll go up and stuff like always, and you could'ved just asked this question in the 3ds faq or somewhere else.
EDIT: Infact it is in the 3DS faq....

Mana94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt that 3DS flashcarts will be possible anyway!

I think that with this release Nintendo is about to step their game up

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesnt have to be flashcarts... theres also a microsd slot, there could be modchips like any other console, or softmods. Possibilities for piracy are infinite it just takes a few dedicated souls to do the hardwork and actually release things. I hope it doesnt get as easy as ds flascarts, bootlegging used to take someone with a decent level of intelligence and soldering skills, now all it takes is somebody with a few bucks and an they get spoonfed.

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wolfmanz51 said:
please note 3ds games will be 2GB not 2gb thats more space than a psp game on a cart which cart=fast read/write disc=slow/scratches
No, im fairly sure the E3 3DS fact sheet states gigabytes not gigabits.
Edit:Woops misread your post, then i mean yes hes right.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But what about trimming? You can trim out the 3D stuff that they might include in the game itself (if we are talking about computer emulators) and that could help immensely. For flashcarts, trimming of other things can be cool, too.

Maybe even USB loading?
tongue.gif
USB Hard Drive to SD Card slot...

Mana94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't matter for me :3
Once I lay my hands on Mario Kart and Metal Gear Solid, I'm done.

Ssx9

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The 3DS must use about 512 MB (Minimum). that is pretty much the size of a basic PSP game. Also, the 3-D function might use some MB, and don't forget the games might have motion and touch features. 512 MB - 2GB is my bet.

Mana94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definately not 2 GB.

Gamecube games are usually 1.3GB or less.
Super Smash Bros Melee is 1.3GB and I doubt these games will have more renders and textures than that,

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They'll probably use 1GB carts at most. Most of the size on games comes from video. For the PSP, large games like Dante's Inferno, Peace Walker, and God of War all have a lot of video in them. If they cut down on the video then they can get under 1GB. Nintendo will most likely stick to cart-based media for their handhelds, unless they go downloadable.

wolfmanz51

MrNintendosense
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
2GB see

Size (when closed): Approximately 5.3 inches wide, 2.9 inches long, 0.8 inches tall.
Weight: Approximately 8 ounces.
Look: Final design is TBA.
Top Screen: 3.53-inch widescreen LCD display, enabling 3D view without the need for special
glasses; with 800x240 pixel resolution (400 pixels are allocated for each eye to
enable 3D viewing).
Touch Screen: 3.02-inch LCD with 320x240 pixel resolution with a touch screen.
Cameras: One inner camera and two outer cameras with 640x480 (0.3 Mega) pixel resolution.
Pre-Installed Software: TBA
Nintendo 3DS Game Card: 2 GB Max. at launch.
Wireless Communication: Can communicate in the 2.4 GHz band. Multiple Nintendo 3DS systems can connect
via a local wireless connection to let users communicate or enjoy competitive game
play. Systems also can connect to LAN access points to access the Internet and
allow people to enjoy games with others. Will support IEEE 802.11 with enhanced
security (WPA/WPA2). Nintendo 3DS hardware is designed so that even when not in
use, it can automatically exchange data with other Nintendo 3DS systems or receive
data via the Internet while in sleep mode.
Game Controls: Touch screen, embedded microphone, A/B/X/Y face buttons, + Control Pad, L/R
buttons, Start and Select buttons, “Slide Pad” that allows 360-degree analog input,
one inner camera, two outer cameras, motion sensor and a gyro sensor.
Other Input Controls: 3D Depth Slider to adjust level of 3D effect (can be scaled back or turned off
completely depending on the preference of the user), Home button to call system
function, Wireless switch to turn off wireless communications (even during game
play), Power button. The telescoping stylus is approximately 4 inches when fully
extended.

and
Mana94 said:
Definately not 2 GB.

Gamecube games are usually 1.3GB or less.
Super Smash Bros Melee is 1.3GB and I doubt these games will have more renders and textures than that,
MGS on game cube used 2 discs mgs3 is bigger than that even how do you think they are going to put it on ds? they will all ready have to compress it with 2GB

SgtThom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wolfmanz51 said:
please note 3ds games will be 2GB not 2gb thats more space than a psp game on a cart which cart=fast read/write disc=slow/scratches

I tend to notice that the larger of a cart size the slower.

SgtThom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
They'll probably use 1GB carts at most. Most of the size on games comes from video. For the PSP, large games like Dante's Inferno, Peace Walker, and God of War all have a lot of video in them. If they cut down on the video then they can get under 1GB. Nintendo will most likely stick to cart-based media for their handhelds, unless they go downloadable.

Using MIDI can also cut down on file size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-