Uiaad

GBAtemp's resident guinea pig
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have about 2.5tb of media i downloaded over like 4 years
500gb in one day?
:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

Yeah someone at work was having major issue with a test server we have running at work and it was easier for me to make an image of the server and run it in a VM - Actually took me longer to download than to actually fix

Reactions: Noctosphere

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you live in regions or in city?
Because here in Quebec, Videotron and Bell (the 2 main ISP) have little to no infrastructure in region
The best you can have is like 25-30mbps from smaller company

City , NYC to be exact, would cost more if went with Verizon, too bad I can't get RCN where I live.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
$46.65 for
Most ISP's in the uk use the same infrastructure so changing isp has no effect apart from a slightly different price

lol, Internet in UK sucks xD
worked at two companies (as trainee) and they said they had "fast" internet and very expenisve ... one of the two only had about 6mbit ... guess the other one had better speed but still not good.

I have 250mbit private for 50€ including HDTV and telephone

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I pay $50 a month for 50/10 mbps from shitty AT&T, with a shitty 1TB monthly cap. The only two "viable" (AKA not shit) ISPs in my area currently are Comcast and AT&T. I originally had 75mbps/15 from Comcast when I first moved in, which was the max speed for my neighborhood, before I swapped to AT&T. Only switched because Comcast upped my bill a whopping $35 a month (from $50 to $85) after my "24 month deal" ended and two price raises for my area occurred within a month of each other.

I'm thinking about swapping back to Comcast again though, after my contract with AT&T ends. Comcast upped their speeds to a max of 1gbps in my area for $110 a month, but if I did switch I'd probably just go for 150 mbps for $55 a month.

RaptorDMG

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
lol, Internet in UK sucks xD
worked at two companies (as trainee) and they said they had "fast" internet and very expenisve ... one of the two only had about 6mbit ... guess the other one had better speed but still not good.

I have 250mbit private for 50€ including HDTV and telephone
In a couple of years my area will be one of the first in the uk to have gigabit networking so fingers crossed my village will get coverage

Reactions: Youkai

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thats the perfect connection for semi-private torrent site
It will upload so damn fast
Though, I supose it's useless because the download/upload speed surely is slowed down by HDD speed, right?

Attila13

Praise the Creep!
Trophies
Website
gamesystemrequirements.com
XP
Country
Romania
This test was made a while back, when I upgraded my internet. As a loyalty bonus for being with my ISP since they started their business 11 years ago, I get the 1gbps unlimited package for the same price as the 100mbps one! :)
Believe it or not guys...I pay ONLY like 8$ a month for my internet. No lies!
For a newcomer the 1gbps price is 15$ a month.
6914949566.png

Reactions: cearp and Youkai

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
It's a grandfathered old mobile plan from 2004 or something. They don't do them anymore. I'd say they throttle it at some point, but they never seem to. Which I can prove by this:

View attachment 141897
My mobile hotspot is unlimited, too. They stopped selling that plan, though. Mine throttles a bit after 15GB, making it a bit meh for gaming, but fine for everything else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."