How Modern Can Zelda Get?

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by luke_c, Nov 30, 2009.

1. luke_c
    OP

luke_c Big Boss

Jun 16, 2008
    Land of England
    Source.

Interesting ideas there...

2. webyugioh

webyugioh GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 17, 2007
    10KM East of Nowhere
    [​IMG]

I thought of this when I read it.

3. CrimsoniteX

CrimsoniteX GBAtemp Regular

Oct 26, 2007
    United States
    The Legend of Zelda... IN SPACE!

4. Prophet

Prophet Resident Black Militant

Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    Let's not give Nintendo any ideas for future gimmicks. I'd take a mature story driven Zelda over a "futuristic" Zelda any day.

5. dinofan01

dinofan01 Misses the old days...

Jul 4, 2008
    United States
    *Looks at Galaxy*

A couple of years ago I would have tried to slap you through the internet.....now, I have to say your guess is more likely then anyone's.

6. Law

Law rip ninjacat that zarcon made me

Aug 14, 2007
    ‭jerkland
    Mechas.

But you need a different Triforce in order to power each Mecha, and when you have all 3 triforce pieces you can make the mechas combine to make a super mecha, before flying into space to battle with RoboGanon

7. alidsl

alidsl I am now a lurker

May 27, 2009
    Kanto - Pallet Town
    This guy beat you to it

8. dib

dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 1, 2004
    United States
    Trains don't introduce adventure. If anything, the absolute opposite is true: a train runs on a track in forward or reverse.

My criticism of their current direction is that they've deprived the series of its legacy, and the reason why gamers kept returning to Hyrule for all those years. Miyamoto has stated that his intention in creating the original was to bring the sort of exploration to video games that he enjoyed as a kid in the outdoors. That is what this series always delivered and why it was a landmark, genre defining title.

But there was no exploration in Phantom Hourglass, it was moving from one island to another where you find a singular goal at a singular location and then leave with no expectation to ever return. The ship didn't introduce freedom as a mode of transportation, if anything it was confining. And as a video game mechanic, it was boring.

The dichotomy between his past work on console installments and these current handhelds is astounding, and it's insulting that he wants to bullshit us to make up the difference. Yet I'm confident he will continue to interpret the game's success as vindication of his design choices, because any Zelda game will be a commercial success so long as it adheres to basic elements familiar to the series with the labyrinths and inventory.

9. Raika

Raika uguu

Sep 15, 2008
    uguu
    Super Zelda Galaxy. [​IMG]

10. shakirmoledina

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    camera? i have to play further i guess

modern tech can be in zelda and do u wanna know how?
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

11. blackdragonbaham

blackdragonbaham GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 12, 2009
    Gambia, The
    hyper dystopian dimension
    i am not that big fan of science fiction, but i am interested in how good a legend of zelda in a future, means sience fiction plot would be:. perhaps we'll see in near future:. kinda final fantasy with action gameplay and zelda characters:.

12. jalaneme

jalaneme Female Gamer

Nov 27, 2006
    London

QFT well said.

13. Sachka

Sachka GBAtemp Regular

Nov 15, 2008
    France
    Lumiose City
    There's actually a space ship / rocket stone in game that rockets into space when you play a tune with the flute. [​IMG]

14. Veristical Blaze

Veristical Blaze GBAtemp Fan

Oct 31, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Edge Of Shibuya
    Maybe they think of completing a timeline-like thing. How further in the time-line how more modern the zelda's get, even if they say there is no timeline, i still think they kinda push it along this way.
    For me I hope Zelda will stay it's good old exploration-by-horse or feet game. No modern technology, before we know link is in the 19th century and he's flying a plane...