Hardware How many of you went on ahead and bought a 2nd switch (or sold their first to get new with low fw)?

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
I am just sort of curious, i would like to know how many of you peeps around here went on ahead and purchased another or just simply sold their (3.0.1) switch to buy a new switch that is on a lower fw.

i am contemplating whether to sell mine and buy a new one for that smhax stuff (i frikkin love homebrew/cfw , and around here in gbatemp who doesn't right?)

i also like many of you think that it could be stuck on 3.0.0 (like in ps3/vita's case, ps3 with 3.55 and under, and vita's 3.60 i believe?).

we do not have Nintendo stuff in where i come from, so i won't have the chance to grab one on a low fw, here in the future.
thus i am asking and would like to know whether it is actually worth ordering one.

i can wait until something is released as i am mainly playing on my ps4/vita these days, and i also have my 3ds'es.

thanks.

Reactions: Abu_Senpai

perfecteagle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bought one of the US Splatoon bundles as a spare to get the special Joy Cons, hoping it comes with a low FW (It should)

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Bought one and waiting patiently to install retroarch and whatever else on it.

thankfully one of my friend wants my switch !
he already knows i love hax etc.

and i told him about it, he told me he wants my switch.
i will sell it to him, and buy a new one and jump into the waiting game with all of you.

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thankfully one of my friend wants my switch !
he already knows i love hax etc.

and i told him about it, he told me he wants my switch.
i will sell it to him, and buy a new one and jump into the waiting game with all of you.

Sorry, not me. I also have my first one that I'm using. If I had to choose I would easily keep it on the latest firmware and enjoy it.

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
i have a 2nd switch on 2.2.0 waiting for unsigned code.

yeah i get it that quite alot of you here might own a second switch because you have games you want to be playing !
and that is not a bad thing, the only game i have on my switch is MK and Splatoon and i won't miss them much because i have both on my wii u (so whenever i want to play some, i will just play them on wii u instead).

and the only other game in physical form i have is Disgaea 5 c, that is the only thing i will lose (i only played around 15hours, still uncool to lose the save data of that) but oh well :l

D

Deleted-355425

I buy all my games in cart form if available for the switch, picked up Zelda, splatoon2 and bomberman R. If i have to buy digital its because i have to and so i had to have 2 switches.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TBH if I bought a second switch I wouldn't update that one either. These things are gonna be worth a lot of money when sploits are released.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you're one of those....
I have actually never scalped anything. The only thing I ever sold were some old GBA carts - and at market price.

But I do like investment - and even if I were to never sell them - I would be happy to know I gained on an investment.

Robert McCoy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have actually never scalped anything. The only thing I ever sold were some old GBA carts - and at market price.

But I do like investment - and even if I were to never sell them - I would be happy to know I gained on an investment.
i just get upset with people who jack up the price from like $300 to $1000 bc of exploits

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok I tried it and 1) it doesnt boot wood menu automatically and 2) when trying to load a game through wood theres just a loading screen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's low on wood
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download...