Gaming How many of you update your Wii to 3.0?

How many of you update your Wii to 3.0?

• I've update my Wii to 3.0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I've have not update my Wii to 3.0

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Da Foxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well how many of you update your Wii now to 3.0? Or people still paranoid that Nintendo might be spying on you?

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well how many of you update your Wii now to 3.0? Or people still paranoid that Nintendo might be spying on you?

Nintendo was and is spying on us, that's no option (edit: if you go online).

However, I don't care if they make anonymous statistics which VC games are bought and what I played when.

I cancelled my Nintendo VIP account because using this they would have made personalized statistics about me. No thanks!

n13astra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What i dont understand is why people with modchips are even updating!! The 3.0 features arent really worth the update and why fix something if it isnt broke? Firmware 2.2 works for everything i need so i dont see a need yet to move to 3.0.

So why do you people with modchips update for?

Enlighten me PLEASE!!!!

Da Foxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What i dont understand is why people with modchips are even updating!! The 3.0 features arent really worth the update and why fix something if it isnt broke? Firmware 2.2 works for everything i need so i dont see a need yet to move to 3.0.Â

Enlighten me PLEASE!!!!
I think it has something to do with the sexy clock on the Wii's menu.

The reason why I updated is because I have this problem with having the latest version of software.

panteracfh

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have yet to update to 3.0E. Still running 2.2E on my Wii.

I read somewhere that the 3.0 update fixed their corrupt gpu problems, I find that hard to beleve.

Anyone else have corrupt gpu problems, and if so, has it been fixed with the 3.0 update?

My Wii has the green pixel artifact problem. Not much I can do about it now, since I have a WiiKey installed in it.

It's a shame that Nintendo don't have very good quality control. My Xbox has been perfect for 4 years, and left on constantly. I have only had the Wii for 6 weeks, you would think by now that they would have fixed that problem, since it is a relatively new Wii, as it had cut IC legs.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've upgraded, but my Wii isn't chipped
tongue.gif

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blast ye Nintendo.
I'll not update my wii.

For I like using my Action Replay when I play my gamecube games D<

But then again, I'd have to hook my wii up...
It's been kinda chillin' out for the past month.

HipN

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Updated.

I don't play online a lot, and don't plan on doing so until Bwii or Smash Bros are out. I hate playing Strikers online, I don't buy VC games, I don't user the internet channel because I don't have a wireless router and because the browser has no keyboard support.

So there's no way Nintendo can find out I have a chipped Wii.

Plus, by the time those big online titles hit, I think (and hope!) the WiiKey team has already given us an update to improve the security for the chip.

j5c077

some old guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What i dont understand is why people with modchips are even updating!! The 3.0 features arent really worth the update and why fix something if it isnt broke? Firmware 2.2 works for everything i need so i dont see a need yet to move to 3.0.Â

Enlighten me PLEASE!!!!

why not?

mooyah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Enlighten me PLEASE!!!!

You can't access the Wii shop channel without updating I've noticed..

spyder2k5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated using a US wiikey np at all here there is no reason to not update nothing is broke except GC Action replay but there is ways around that using a modchip change the header and burn it..... hence leaves nothing to stop you plus you get a clock and able to use news and shop channels again...

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eventually everyone will have to update, because some games will include updates to play them (Mario Strikers), sure you can choose to update or not, but soon your firmware would be so outdated, things could crash.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Werid went to put my ps5 ssd into my pcs m.2 bay and no detection