Gaming How many games took advantage of augmented reality functionality?

Xmortal

Other Nickname Legarad
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I was thinking that that is another functionality that was very little used in this device.

I only know the following

1) AR Games (preinstall)
2) Spirit Camera
3) Kid Icarus
4) Kingdom of Hearts 3DS
5) Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates of Infinity

Polderjoch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Off the top of my head at the least Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, Bravely Default, Bravely Second, and the Nintendogs+cats use it.

There really weren't that many which is a shame seeing as it was a fairly cool gimmick, even if it was just that; a gimmick.

Polderjoch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Man 3D Pro was so good.

It was actually useful as a Pokédex, the quizzes were neat, and the models were by far the best of the series.

It's honestly sad that a side app has better models and animations than the main series games.

Frezgle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember somewhere official (the manual maybe?) that stated that if you made a QR grid that was 1x1 meters, you could summon life-sized AR Pokemon. I tried to find a way to do that for the longest time (the plan was to have movable squares so I could assemble any grid I wanted) but never could find a cheap source of giant flat material.

Polderjoch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I printed a QR Code for a Manaphy on an A2 paper once.

It was pretty difficult getting the 3DS camera to really detect it, especially due to the size.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man 3D Pro was so good.

It was actually useful as a Pokédex, the quizzes were neat, and the models were by far the best of the series.

It's honestly sad that a side app has better models and animations than the main series games.

what is a "side app" ?

fatsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
Off the top of my head at the least Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, Bravely Default, Bravely Second, and the Nintendogs+cats use it.

There really weren't that many which is a shame seeing as it was a fairly cool gimmick, even if it was just that; a gimmick.
How did ORAS use AR? I played through the game not noticing anything

Frezgle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just remembered, Tomodachi Life used it for at least one thing: In one of the dream sequences, a Mii will open their window blinds, and what's behind it is whatever's in the face camera (so, you, probably.)

Xmortal

Other Nickname Legarad
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I have seen that many people still confuse the concepts of Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality. It was very noticeable with Mario Kart Home Circuit Release. Many news channels sold it as virtual reality, when it really is augmented reality

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...