Hacking how many games can a 8GB flash drive hold?

blitz1008

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dmanishere said:
but the fun thing is you can overclock SD cards to be the advertised size

care to explain how overclocking (as in more clock cycles per second) would increase the storage capacity?

rolleyes.gif

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
dmanishere said:
for starters 1GB is 1024MB and second Micro SD manufacturers say its 2GB but its like 1.86GB minus the fact that a real one GB is 1024 then third there are not 1GB micro SD cards they go 2,4,8,16 so on But has the SDHC software even been released for WII yet?

For starters

yes i no 1024MB = 1GB and that 1024KB = 1MB, 1024B = 1KB and if you want to no why its because "computers" count in binary, so they multiply the numbers 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128 etc this means closest number to 1000 is 1024 and this is universal to any pc components aswel from RAM, storage, CPU to GPU and even your download and upload speeds

And second

yes you can get a micro Sd cards that are 1GB in size infact there are

1GB - None SDHC
2GB - None SDHC

Anything higher that 2GB = SDHC =Secure Digital High Capacity

4GB - SDHC
8GB - SDHC
16GB - SDHC
32GB - SDHC

And third

yes the wii can read SDHC cards and have since 4.0 and most homebrew now supports SDHC as standard

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blitz1008 said:
dmanishere said:
but the fun thing is you can overclock SD cards to be the advertised size

care to explain how overclocking (as in more clock cycles per second) would increase the storage capacity?

rolleyes.gif
It works because it puts the spark bargle into overdrive and downloads more RAM into the Wii. It also installs Blu-Ray and USB 3.0 support!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me...