How long have you been internetting?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
And the "Longest Time" I could remember was a whole Day/more than 24 Hours without Break...(must in in 1999/2000,it was my first Day after ADSL was installed.) icecream.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And the "Longest Time" I could remember was a whole Day/more than 24 Hours without Break...(must in in 1999/2000,it was my first Day after ADSL was installed.)View attachment 219015
I was going to do a spinoff thread for that.

Anyway since that probably USB ADSL thing became proper wireless... I will occasionally go to a festival or something for a weekend so Friday through Sunday evening usually, and have been for a weekend in Amsterdam where other than messing around on the ferry internet I did not do anything. No mobile phone so not even that to worry about.
Had a few points where my grandparents only had dial up, and then had mobile phone delivered internet (in somewhat rural/small town America before 3g was really a thing*) which was probably more painful than dial up.
For a year at university after moving out of halls but before spending another year with housemates we could split a bill with (£20 a month for cable internet + TV split four ways is not so bad) I did not have internet in my house. That just meant I was in the library until late in the evening most nights, not studying but messing around on the internet. That might also have meant some times between Friday night and Monday lunchtimes or maybe early morning I might not have gone online -- did rock up once early when I did not know the clocks had changed (didn't have TV, had a mobile phone but it spent its days as basically a landline plugged in downstairs and was deliberately as a dumb as a box of rocks/the cheapest one in the shop that I was surprised to see feature a colour screen, didn't listen to the radio either, indeed don't know if I had one as I think I had one of the only digital alarm clocks ever released in the UK at that point not to feature one).

*if people in the US wondered who paid for clearwire then my grandparents were among them.

[emoji38] since 1982? When internet was a number you would dial up to enter the college domains lol
How many times have you kicked yourself in the years since for not grabbing some domains back then?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o