Hacking How long does it take compatibility fix to occur?

stargoonman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How long does AKAIO take compatibility fix to occur?

I heard Acekard 2i had 100% compatibility on GBATEMP review, but seeing the notes from AKAIO 1.5 fresh release, I doubt it is true anymore.
Excluding the update we got today, the last update was from January, if I'm right, then it means it took more than two months for compatibility fixes.

I heard that Acekard 2i is fast at fixes, but I'll be quite disappointed if what I'm looking at now is a general cycle of how often AKAIO gets updates.
Does it usually take that long?

Just wanted to know if I made a good choice since I ordered it already and am waiting for it to arrive.

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
Up until Jan 2010, AKAIO were probably the quickest in their fixes for games, now that they are back with 1.6 i would assume that the fixes will be quickish again.

D

Deleted User

Now that akaio 1.6RC is out, the loaders page should be updated frequently again. (iirc it was updated pretty frequently before norm stopped work on akaio v1.5.x)

And just a glance at loader changelog shows that the one in the RC was updated every couple of days or so.
happy.gif

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Basically what happens is that if they need to make some big changes like 1.4.1 to 1.5 or 1.5.1 to 1.6RC1 (i'm not just talking about numbers, I mean the situations), then they'll stop updating loaders for the current release and just focus on the new firmware. This way 100% of their power and focus is on the new firmware so when it is released, its a lot better than before + compatibility updates. When the devs aren't making large changes to the firmware, loader updates are at least 2 times a week or more depending on the week (how many games are released in that week that have AP, ect).

Rising_Dragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest, I think that whole R4 incident really poisoned the well over the last two months of "update-less" period. If that didn't happen, I would say we would have a pretty good chance of having updates thoughout the transition to 1.6.X. I recall it being the same when 1.4 moved to 1.5

Loaders are usually updated pretty often, just that the AKAIO team didn't see any value in putting out loaders that would not support Acekard products.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.