Hacking How large SD card would you recommend?

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
biggest you can responsibly afford, but at least 64gig. I had a spare 64 gigger sitting around after using a new 128 gig for my new 3ds, and yeah, I kinda wish I'd used the 64 in the new and kept the 128 for the switch, I already have more shit than the 64 can hold.. had to use a 16 gig to hold Ys 8. and it filled the whole card... yikes!

Last edited by tbb043,

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a 128GB card about a week and a half ago, it's already full. Once the price of the 256GB or 400GB drops down to $50 or less, I'll pick one up. I know it may take a year or so for that to happen, but I do have a couple smaller cards from phones and other things that I can use. I took my 32GB card from my Vita to use it before I got my 128GB...

Artwebb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For playing backups, how large SD card should I buy?
I'm thinking either 64gb or 128gb. I guess in theory I could always buy larger but I don't want to spend to much money on it.

To the people who are already using SX OS, how fast did you fill up your SD card?

I have a 128gig, I have 9 games on it. Was going to buy another 128gig since they were on sale for $40, but figured there isn't 9 games i would want to play at once anyways so no worries. at $120 CAD for a 256gig card I wouldn't bother. I'd just get 2x 128's when they are on sale.

mickthestud

Trophies
XP
Country
For playing backups, how large SD card should I buy?
I'm thinking either 64gb or 128gb. I guess in theory I could always buy larger but I don't want to spend to much money on it.

To the people who are already using SX OS, how fast did you fill up your SD card?
Honestly I bought a 200 gbcard before all this sx os stuff was announced now it seems far to small only have like 40 gb remaining

Rel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One thing I'll say is if you are buying one try to get one with U3 speed like the Samsung cards or your transfers will take a while everytime you want to add and new games and stuff.

Nincompoopdo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a low capacity SDcard, it is better to use XCI than installing NSP. With XCI, you can easily swap the games you want to play. TX should includes a file manager in their CFW and support external hard drive connected to the dock's USB. This way we can drag and drop the games without removing the SDcard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    so the players are review bombing as response to sony doubling down on their so-called policy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe the real bugs were the glitches they didn't patch along the way
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    there are instability issues regarding certain hardware setups, but it's a small part
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    game's now what, 3 months out the door
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    live service game for 40 bucks that sold 12 mil copies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ever notice how games that sell millions get hated the worst
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cod and sports games are good examples but people still buy the shit
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it happens quit often if not all the time
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    diablo 4 anyone?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Everyone just doesn't want to be an outcast and say they're decent games why do they make billions if it's so shit
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy nintendo stuff and their games if you just want fun
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still can't name 12 fun current Nintendo games
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i say get a pc and emulate that too

:rofl2:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or in today's age at least a SteamDeck
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i gotta say, the steam deck isn't a bad deal, even if you get a used one, you have options to get it serviced and the parts are also available through ifixit
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember a guy trying to call me a SteamDeck fanboy I'm like well give me a grand I'll buy a winmax
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or a win4 things still sexy
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    having money does not mean everyone will just fork it over
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    everyone perceives value diffrently
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I buy cheap and whats useable
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Twice out of the year I may get something that's $600
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: