Hacking how is the Real Time Saving?

xshinox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so im thinking of getting the cyclo once i sell a game on ebay. what i want to know is, how is the Real Time Saving? is it stable? it makes a separate file right? that means if i make a save state and then continued the game and save later on in-game. i can then reload the save state and restart at where i saved with the RTS right?

Niteblood

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I havent messed with the feature yet. Lemme try it out, and i'll tell you.
From what i've read, it creates a seperate file thats around 5 mb on your card. to enable it, you hold select the first time you load the game with the rts enabled, so that it creates the file for that game. It doesnt automatically do this for every game because obviously 5mb for every game really adds up.

Basically, you make a save state by going to the mid-game menu(L+R+A+Y+X+B)
When you want to load it, you simply go to the same menu and select load. You will then load from the same place you saved at. Obviously, you can overwrite the save as you advance in the game.

xshinox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahh. seems easy enough. still, about my other thing i mentioned. lets say i made a RTS before a boss battle that will net me a rare item after beating it. i beat the boss and get the rare item and then trade it with a friend.

now here is what i want to know, can i reload the save state and fight the boss again and get the rare weapon again?

kevenka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Naturally, b/c the save state before you beat the boss is still there for you to regrab the item. I actually think you are taking this the long way, there are probably cheats to give you 99x of that particular item if you just keep your cheat database updated.

xshinox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, if this method im talking about works since it works for emulators, then it should also work for the ds. i just wanted confirmation so yeah. thanks all. cant wait to get my cyclo ds. f the r4 lol

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's pretty stable. The saves are 4.7 MB each, which may clog up your MicroSD if you abuse it.

Some games do not work with RTS, such as Zelda: Phantom Hourglass and Megaman ZX.

xshinox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i forgot to ask but, if you do RTS a second time, will it overwrite the current one or make a new one?

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It'll overwrite the current one. You can only have 1 RTS per game.

Edit: Scratch that, with the Alternate save mode I think you can have 2 RTS per game, just like a regular save.

Priss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
TBH I refuse to use it in games that I'm stuck at a spot and use it prior to.
I'll use it when my battery is on the verge of dieing and my adapter is no where near.

On the odd occasion, after saving, it will get your sound or graphics going wonky for a little.
But it is generally pretty stable and works wonders... Call it a save state for an emulator.

Can't go wrong with a Cyclo IMO
grog.gif

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
It's pretty stable. The saves are 4.7 MB each, which may clog up your MicroSD if you abuse it.

Some games do not work with RTS, such as Zelda: Phantom Hourglass and Megaman ZX.

rts works great with PH.

occasionally when i load up a save, the audio gets echo-y, but it just reset the game and load the save up again and it fixes that, other than that RTS is working great for all the games i've tried it with.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Yeah agreed