Hacking How is the quality of the SNES emulator?

carnage781

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a bunch of SNES Roms, was curious as to how well most games run on the dstwo and how noticable any issues might be (dont have dstwo yet)

TCRe

Bright Studios
Trophies
XP
Country
The latest update for CATSFC seems to have provided a good framerate boost on most of the games I play most notably F-Zero and BS Zelda AST and most other games run well already.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, CATSFC just updated within the last week with big speedups, so you might want to make sure info you read is from within the last few days, as it used to be a lot worse.

Compare 1.17... (Older, normal/slower.)
To 1.27... (Definitely a large improvement, playable now.)

And the guy's still working on it.

That said, if you want portable emulation look elsewhere, as even on the DSTwo, it lacks.

carnage781

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, CATSFC just updated within the last week with big speedups, so you might want to make sure info you read is from within the last few days, as it used to be a lot worse.

Compare 1.17... (Older, normal/slower.)
To 1.27... (Definitely a large improvement, playable now.)

And the guy's still working on it.

That said, if you want portable emulation look elsewhere, as even on the DSTwo, it lacks.

Thanks for the info!! Not sure if I missed anything but was there any issues with the bottom video? seemed to run perfect to me didnt notice any lag or graphic issues

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info!! Not sure if I missed anything but was there any issues with the bottom video? seemed to run perfect to me didnt notice any lag or graphic issues
Many cameras only record at 24/30FPS (mine is 24FPS in HD mode), so the drops from fullspeed weren't picked up properly if they weren't that bad. As the video shows a lot more stuff is playable now, though if you're one of the people that always want full-speed play you might be aggravated.

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For some reason the video isn't loading in this thread, and after looking for it again on YouTube I stumbled upon a fair amount of reviews of the DSTWO with NDSSFC, BAGSFC R3 or the first version of CATSFC in them. They look so disappointing. :(

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
...after looking for it again on YouTube I stumbled upon a fair amount of reviews of the DSTWO with NDSSFC, BAGSFC R3 or the first version of CATSFC in them.
I might make an updated video next week...or at some later point in time as a sort of follow up for my previous CATSFC video. I just haven't done it because of the number of revisions that have been occurring recently.

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I might make an updated video next week...or at some later point in time as a sort of follow up for my previous CATSFC video. I just haven't done it because of the number of revisions that have been occurring recently.
1.28 will be the last "big" playability version, but you may want to wait until 1.29 because I have many under-the-hood improvements planned for it, such as those dealing with writing settings files constantly and slowing down menu entry/exit.

I know I've been pushing the limits a lot recently ;)

Deleted member 319809

MAH BOI/GURL
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, 1.29 is released. Have at it ;) The improvements are listed in the main thread, so you can concentrate on showing those.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.