Hacking How hard is it to open up the Wii?

mcjones92

Kingpin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it really hard to unscrew the Wii to install a modchip? I want to do this but I don't want to break it. And is it hard putting it back together?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Theres only about 10 screws in all - but the tri-wing screws are the killer - if u dont have the screwdriver ur in trouble - theres loads of step by step guides online - print one out.

But its simple once u find the screws

mcjones92

Kingpin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I think I am a little more confident.
smile.gif
thanks.

sess

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
WiiCrazy said:
Well opening it up is not that hard yet getting everything back in order is a bit messy because of different types and lengths of screws...

Damn right. Just take your time and don't lose your mind. If you don't have a good memory, try taking pictures or a video step by step, lol. Seriously, it's kinda hard once you get "in" the Wii. :/

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WiiCrazy said:
Well opening it up is not that hard yet getting everything back in order is a bit messy because of different types and lengths of screws...
I just put the screws on a piece of tape and taped them onto the corresponding pages of the guide I printed out.
smile.gif

Made putting it back together simple.

mcjones92

Kingpin
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Diffusion said:
WiiCrazy said:
I just put the screws on a piece of tape and taped them onto the corresponding pages of the guide I printed out.
smile.gif

That's a good idea.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Diffusion said:
WiiCrazy said:
smile.gif

I did that exact same thing the first time I opened mine and then I just remembered the screw location the 3rd time I did it
tongue.gif

At first you think it's hard, then you go through following the instructions and at the end you say "wait, was it THAT easy?".
The hardest part for me was getting the DVD drive properly aligned when putting it back together making sure that the ribbon connector and the second cable fit in properly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-