Hacking How good is the CycloDS?

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I got a CycloDs about a week ago and when I put the microSD card in it, it stuck out about 3mm which really pissed me off, so I decided to delsolder the card slot, now it fits flush, and I'm happy with it.

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tanas said:
I got a CycloDs about a week ago and when I put the microSD card in it, it stuck out about 3mm which really pissed me off, so I decided to delsolder the card slot, now it fits flush, and I'm happy with it.

i think its easier to take out the microsd card...... so i kind of like having it stick out actually!

didn't you know about the microSD card sticking out? i thought it was a very known fact.. or maybe only certain batches had it?

Enter260

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to op: it's a great card. i just don't consider it as reliable as the m3 simply or supercard.

to gratefulbuddy: i too upgraded to 1.4b2 in hopes that it would go away. it worked fine for a while.....then i decided to test RTS.....
BAM! Welcome back fragmentation problem!

Hyperlisk_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unchi-san said:
Tanas said:

i think its easier to take out the microsd card...... so i kind of like having it stick out actually!

didn't you know about the microSD card sticking out? i thought it was a very known fact.. or maybe only certain batches had it?
I believe it was some carts from batch 4 that had them sticking out a bit. My batch 2 doesn't do that.

TwinsanityNtranc

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyclo DS is good but kinda pointless since M3 real has the same features, and MORE
it has rumble expansion an the GBA pak which can be bought separately or bundled in the perfect pack.

the problem with the Cyclo is its expensive and doesn't seem to justify itself as to why it is even now.
when the competition is offering more.

sure you might get highly active support forums with Cyclo but guess what!
the use of that goes right out the window because of the existence of forums like these!

i recommend you get the M3 real perfect bundle.

on second thought,

the Cyclo is very good, its european and english, and they take customer feedback seriously.
either Cyclo or M3 real.

johnchan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TwinsanityNtranced said:
Cyclo DS is good but kinda pointless since M3 real has the same features, and MORE
it has rumble expansion an the GBA pak which can be bought separately or bundled in the perfect pack.
Does M3 Real have ingame menu, RTS and other such advanced features? No. Also lets not forget all the NDS that M3 Real has been killing recently...

sk3tch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwinsanityNtranced said:

the problem with the Cyclo is its expensive and doesn't seem to justify itself as to why it is even now.

the use of that goes right out the window because of the existence of forums like these!

on second thought,

the Cyclo is very good, its european and english, and they take customer feedback seriously.
either Cyclo or M3 real.

Ugh. I don't even know where to start with this post.

The M3 Real being compared to the CycloDS? Please. If anything, the Supercard DS One would compare (since it has a similar feature set) but even then, I think the SCDS1 pales in comparison to the CycloDS.

The price difference is like $20 tops. You can get all of those features by buying a EZ 3n1 for $20 plus RAM expansion and GBA (along with rumble).

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TwinsanityNtranced said:

on second thought,

either Cyclo or M3 real.

M3 real has RTS, slow-motion?

I don't think so.

It does not have the same features as the CycloDS. Furthermore, you say it even has "MORE" which is completely false.

TwinsanityNtranc

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
those features are for people who suck at games.

and i guess The perfect bundle with the M3 real flashcard itself, the GBA expansion pak and Rumble pak when bought together in a bundle saves 12$
isn't extra features.
GBA compatibility with the kit counts as a big plus.

M3 real corrupting DS's proof plz sounds like boolshite to me since M3 is the longest operating flashcard team that made the GBA movie player.

the cyclo DS in Australian costs 70$ with 2GB card thats another 25$ (cheapest possible)
and Ezflash V 3in1 thats another 35$

$130 AUD

nice....

sk3tch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwinsanityNtranced said:

Either way, they are additional features that the M3 doesn't have. Wouldn't you rather have a feature-rich card?

There's no problem if you're going to buy an M3 Real instead of a CycloDS, but don't spew lies. In my opinion, it's worth the extra cash to get a CycloDS. If you can't afford it, then buy something cheaper.

An EDGE, DSTT, or AceKard 2 would be a good bet to save even more money if you're poor.

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
I've had the CycloDS for a month or so now.

I have nothing but praise for it - I've had no problems with any game I've tested/played on it.
I'm not in the position to compare it to other cards.

My choice was made by informed users and reviews from GBAtemp. (And I trust them)

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sk3tch said:
TwinsanityNtranced said:

Either way, they are additional features that the M3 doesn't have. Wouldn't you rather have a feature-rich card?

There's no problem if you're going to buy an M3 Real instead of a CycloDS, but don't spew lies. In my opinion, it's worth the extra cash to get a CycloDS. If you can't afford it, then buy something cheaper.

An EDGE, DSTT, or AceKard 2 would be a good bet to save even more money if you're poor.

most definitely considering DSTT is 24$ and acekard 2 is 27$ at dealextreme

and both in stock!

TwinsanityNtranc

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
DS Toilet Trash
isn't recommended because of how many users have had it break on them.

M3 sucking at Making cards is like saying Supercard is masters of quality.

and yes RTS and Slow motion are for people who suck at games, you must really have problems if you need to save and slow down gameplay to get past something.
and i dont think those feces are worth 40$ extra.

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
Slowing gameplay down doesnt mean that the player's reason is to get past or beat something too fast for them. I dont use slowmos ingame but sometimes i use it to look at cool animations in slowmo.

It depends on the need of the player so Cyclops team considered this in the development of the flashcart, you cant just say "its for players who suck at games" because thats not the only use.

- you need to go somewhere but the game is still showing a 10minute cutscene, so use RTS to save NOW
- you need to demonstrate a certain combo to a friend so you activate SlowMotion to elaborate that
- you're playing in the car in normal brightness but suddenly you pass through a long dark tunnel so you increased LCD brightness ingame

There are lots of uses of these features, but it really depends on the player. Yes, people who suck at games use this too, but dont generalize.

Unchi-san

Unchi on a stick! yay~
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TwinsanityNtranced said:
DS Toilet Trash
isn't recommended because of how many users have had it break on them.

M3 sucking at Making cards is like saying Supercard is masters of quality.

and yes RTS and Slow motion are for people who suck at games, you must really have problems if you need to save and slow down gameplay to get past something.
and i dont think those feces are worth 40$ extra.

damn dude take a chill pill.

all that was stated is that your statements are wrong.

TwinsanityNtranc

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
When it's dark nobody needs higher brightness, lowest works best in low light.

brightest is to combat glare.

and i still think the Cyclo isn't that good, they should add a few more freebies to the pack.
giving users a Cyclo brand cheap RAM expansion would be a very good idea.
because the M3 perfect bundle is a better deal.

sk3tch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, thankfully it looks like "TwinsanityNtranced" was banned. Between the racist stuff he was spewing when he first came onto the board and then his random flaming rants against carts/stores with little basis in reality...I think it's a good move.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to