Hacking How good is the Acekard 2i at multiplayer?

procasual6789347

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm considering purchasing two Acekards to test how they can handle multiplayer mode between each other, but I want to hear some expert opinions first.
Say I'm playing Pokemon Platinum on the Acekard 2i. I want to know how it handles:
  • multiplayer with an official ds cart over a local connection
  • multiplayer with an acekard 2i cart over a local connection
  • multiplayer with an official ds cart over a wifi connection
  • multiplayer with an acekard 2i cart over a wifi connection
  • multiplayer with more than one connection at a time
  • connecting to the Wii
Additionally, I would like to know if the Acekard 2i saves are identical to the save format on the official carts (or if there are no problems encountered while trying to replace the save on the official cart with a PC backup), and if the Acekard 2i can read data from the DS Lite's SLOT-2 while running an NDS game.

Peefree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I assume all of these work fine but the only ones I have experienced personally are the Acekard 2i over local and Wifi. The local connection was during seperate occasions with both a retail card and an R4, one at a time.

I'm not sure about the save file thing, I personally use a third part device to rip the saves from my retail carts although there is a way to do it through wi-fi with a program. The device I use saves them as .sav but again, I'm not too sure about other methods.

The Acekard 2i can for sure read data off the Slot-2 card while playing DS games, like using it to migrate Pokemon to Platinum. You may need to patch the Platinum rom with a patch called Pokepatch, make sure to grab the Platinum version.

Sharpz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hatsu said:
It has all of those features. Except for Wii Connectivity with the official firmware.

Use the AKAIO firmware for that.

fix'd to sound less confusing.
smileipb2.png

procasual6789347

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, when using the Nintendo Wi-Fi service, does Nintendo go out of their way to actively detect and block flash card users or is it not possible for them to figure out if the card is a homebrew flash card? Or do they simply don't care enough?

Hatsu

Someone's been killing, eh?
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
procasual6789347 said:
Also, when using the Nintendo Wi-Fi service, does Nintendo go out of their way to actively detect and block flash card users or is it not possible for them to figure out if the card is a homebrew flash card? Or do they simply don't care enough?
They can't detect if the game is real or on a flashcart! They do care, but they can't stop it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-