Hacking How does the emulator hold up against gPSP for PSP?

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So im thinking of getting one of these cards for the emulator but i also have a PSP with CFW so i can run an emulator on that. Thing is dont know if im using a bad version (gpsp Kai test 03) but some games slow down, sometimes the save file corrupts, and if you scale the game the colors look washed out but if you dont its way to small to enjoy. Does this version have better compatibility or at least look better on the DSi screens, or should i just stick with the PSP version and save my money?

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
misticknight said:
So im thinking of getting one of these cards for the emulator but i also have a PSP with CFW so i can run an emulator on that. Thing is dont know if im using a bad version (gpsp Kai test 03) but some games slow down, sometimes the save file corrupts, and if you scale the game the colors look washed out but if you dont its way to small to enjoy. Does this version have better compatibility or at least look better on the DSi screens, or should i just stick with the PSP version and save my money?
Are you talking about the GBA Emulator? It doesn't run very many games and isn't worth it. BUT flash cards can do more than emulate other systems. They can also play DS games. It wouldn't be wasting your money if you got one, actually. But just for a GBA Emulator? I would say no.

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
nah i already have an Acekard i only wanted this for the gba emu. thanks for being honest, guess ill save my money and just use the PSP version, i just wish the games didnt seem washed out when scaled.

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My chief complaint is the button config. The thing won't let you use "Y" as a "B" button. The PSP is much better at playing GBA action games. Now as for SNES, It's a give and take. While the PSP works great at the speed , it's ability to play "Translation" hacks tend to blue screen. I mostly play the SNES on my DStwo and most of my action action GBA on the PSP.

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, thanks for the tip, not to concerned with SNES atm though. I still might get one though only cause ive had the AceKard for a while and i wouldnt mind a new UI lol, but i guess theres no rush now.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
Sora de Eclaune said:
misticknight said:
Are you talking about the GBA Emulator? It doesn't run very many games and isn't worth it. BUT flash cards can do more than emulate other systems. They can also play DS games. It wouldn't be wasting your money if you got one, actually. But just for a GBA Emulator? I would say no.
The GBA emulator is actually very good. It runs most games (at least most of the ones I've tried) and I've never had a problem that couldn't be fixed quite easily.

Would I just buy the SCDS2 just for the GBA emulator? Absolutely not. It would be cheaper and better to buy an old GBA and try find a flashcard for it.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buleste said:
The GBA emulator is actually very good. It runs most games (at least most of the ones I've tried) and I've never had a problem that couldn't be fixed quite easily.

Would I just buy the SCDS2 just for the GBA emulator? Absolutely not. It would be cheaper and better to buy an old GBA and try find a flashcard for it.

I have to agree, the GBA emu on the SCDS2, if set up correctly, plays just about everything and looks great on-screen. But it's there as a convenience, a bonus. Nothing beats using the real hardware.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sora de Eclaune said:
misticknight said:
are you using v1.21 with game_config.txt?

and for emulation the PSP is in general just better

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Probably shouldn't ask this here since its a supercard board but seeing as its been brought up anyways and ive decided to stick with PSP, anyone know why Final Fantasy V Advance slows down during battle? Thats one of the main reasons i was considering the SDSTwo emulator, i want to play this but its got major slowdown when entering battle. Also Minish Cap was working on Test 02 version then when i upgraded to Test 03 it stopped working. Do i just have bad roms or something?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Announcer - "Ok folks we have a good fight today, Bakerman takes on Wario. This should be good...