Homebrew How does sys transfer from Banned >>to>> Unbanned work?

  • Thread starter Thread starter fodder
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 5,094
  • Replies Replies 33
  • Likes Likes 1
The reason yours seemed to have transferred the ban is because 022-2801 is specifically an account ban (not exactly positive though but 022-2803 is the closest thing and is specifically an account ban, 2801 might be slightly different) whereas 022-2812 is specifically a device ban. You can transfer a NNID but not really anything that'd track 2812
I don't know why I kept citing the wrong error code.

022-2812 is the error code I get. It did indeed transfer.
 
I don't know why I kept citing the wrong error code.

022-2812 is the error code I get. It did indeed transfer.
Can you explain exactly what you did, and didn't do prior to and during the transfer?

(Like replace NNIDSave, SecureInfo_A, etc)

If you're being serious I'd like to know since my banned system is a XL, and my banned is a regular one lol
 
Can you explain exactly what you did, and didn't do prior to and during the transfer?

(Like replace NNIDSave, SecureInfo_A, etc)

If you're being serious I'd like to know since my banned system is a XL, and my banned is a regular one lol
I injected a blank nnidsave to remove the NNID, and I pulled a working LocalFriendCodeSeed_B out of my movable.sed to remove 002-0102. I did not, however, mess with SecureInfo_A at all, I still was using the original.
 
I injected a blank nnidsave to remove the NNID, and I pulled a working LocalFriendCodeSeed_B out of my movable.sed to remove 002-0102. I did not, however, mess with SecureInfo_A at all, I still was using the original.
There is the problem.

Somehow, the DeviceID passes along the transfer.
 
Last edited by KytuzuEX,
There is the problem.

On the other hand, the source console is unbanned as a result, so whether it is a problem or not is in the eye of the beholder. If that is all the difference between those who had seen the ban transfer and those who have seen nothing change, then that would actually be valuable information.

People saying that 022-2812 can't move between consoles are misinformed, though.
 
On the other hand, the source console is unbanned as a result, so whether it is a problem or not is in the eye of the beholder. If that is all the difference between those who had seen the ban transfer and those who have seen nothing change, then that would actually be valuable information.

People saying that 022-2812 can't move between consoles are misinformed, though.
What was your original banned system? (like what model 3DS)
 
What was your original banned system? (like what model 3DS)
Both my old console that got banned initially and the new one I got are New 3DS XLs. I'm waiting a week to transfer it back as my new one is a dual IPS Hyrule Edition so I'd rather my ban fuck back off to the old one.
 
Last edited by Cuphat,
Of course.
Much that I want to save my NNID from the console banned O3DS, I can't because of this risk.

Maybe, I can keep the unusable NNID after changing the SecureInfo_A and change the modified arm9loaderhax.bin's 4-number ID, to be able to transfer (If it is possible.)
 
Funny when I was telling people the same thing I was "full of shit" but I tried to tell you guys the ban transfers......
 
Funny when I was telling people the same thing I was "full of shit" but I tried to tell you guys the ban transfers......
Only one other person in this thread said it transferred lol (maybe 2? not sure about the other guy)

It's just interesting to me, I wish I could ask for proof but it's hard to prove such a thing :/
 
Last edited by fodder,
  • Like
Reactions: KytuzuEX
So I'm thinking about system transferring from hyperbanned o3ds to black friday n3ds, since you guys are saying it's safe.
So far I've:
-Unlinked NNID by using the modified arm9loaderhax.bin file and pressing X+Y in NNID settings. (I also injected a blank nnidsave.bin for good measure)
-Edited SecureInfoA by messing with the numbers in the serial ID, like the guide said. (This seems to be the important part)
I haven't injected an unbanned LocalFriendCodeSeed file though, since I don't have access to an unbanned 3ds with cfw. (which means I'd need to use a public file)
Should I just bite the bullet and get a public file, or is it fine? I've heard the localfriendcodeseed file doesn't transfer, so I'm leaning towards not injecting it, but my paranoia is stopping me.
 
  • Like
Reactions: KytuzuEX
So I'm thinking about system transferring from hyperbanned o3ds to black friday n3ds, since you guys are saying it's safe.
So far I've:
-Unlinked NNID by using the modified arm9loaderhax.bin file and pressing X+Y in NNID settings. (I also injected a blank nnidsave.bin for good measure)
-Edited SecureInfoA by messing with the numbers in the serial ID, like the guide said. (This seems to be the important part)
I haven't injected an unbanned LocalFriendCodeSeed file though, since I don't have access to an unbanned 3ds with cfw. (which means I'd need to use a public file)
Should I just bite the bullet and get a public file, or is it fine? I've heard the localfriendcodeseed file doesn't transfer, so I'm leaning towards not injecting it, but my paranoia is stopping me.
That is almost defintley needed( I think) but I have been hearing romuers that that some people have been getting banned using that file (not so sure if it is true) heres my toturial to help you https://gbatemp.net/threads/all-3-methods-to-get-unbanned-from-recent-ban-wave.450679/
 
  • Like
Reactions: KytuzuEX

Site & Scene News