Hacking How Does saving work?

orangedrink

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just wondering, how saving works on a G6 lite. does it use the slots on the ds game or does it use real time saving, or both?

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
it creates a file that acts as the sram to the ds game. the on-board sram is written to during normal use and is then backed up to the save file on the g6.

isamu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm, at the G6 website it says that it has a realtime save feature. I've seen this before on the old F2Advance cards. It was called the "DieHard" save feature, which allows you to save anywhere at any time and re-load at that point instantly.

On the G6 website, it says...."it is very suitable for *NDS*, GBS(SP), GBA."......NDS???? Does this mean you can save and load a save state in realtime with DS games as well? Can anyone confirm this???

temper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yea i want to know this too. but i really want to know if it uses regular save slots ingame.

Yes, ingame saves works as expected. And even better!

For example, I bought New Super Mario, finished it, and one week ago I got G6L.
I could then *copy* the save on the original game to the G6L (see other thread on this board, basically select button, "ds cart -> default"), and have access to the saves when playing the rom from the G6L.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Remember to take your meds like AncientBoi.