How Does saving work?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by orangedrink, Aug 6, 2006.

Aug 6, 2006

How Does saving work? by orangedrink at 11:57 PM (1,116 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. orangedrink
    OP

Newcomer orangedrink Member

United States
    just wondering, how saving works on a G6 lite. does it use the slots on the ds game or does it use real time saving, or both?

2. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States
    it creates a file that acts as the sram to the ds game. the on-board sram is written to during normal use and is then backed up to the save file on the g6.

3. isamu

Member isamu GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hmmm, at the G6 website it says that it has a realtime save feature. I've seen this before on the old F2Advance cards. It was called the "DieHard" save feature, which allows you to save anywhere at any time and re-load at that point instantly.

On the G6 website, it says...."it is very suitable for *NDS*, GBS(SP), GBA."......NDS???? Does this mean you can save and load a save state in realtime with DS games as well? Can anyone confirm this???

4. orangedrink
    OP

Newcomer orangedrink Member

United States
    yea i want to know this too. but i really want to know if it uses regular save slots ingame.

5. SpaceJump

Member SpaceJump Where's my new 2D-Metroid?

Germany
    There are no save states for DS games, only for GBA roms. Maybe it will be implemented in the future...

6. temper

Newcomer temper Newbie

Tunisia

Yes, ingame saves works as expected. And even better!

For example, I bought New Super Mario, finished it, and one week ago I got G6L.
    I could then *copy* the save on the original game to the G6L (see other thread on this board, basically select button, "ds cart -> default"), and have access to the saves when playing the rom from the G6L. [​IMG]

7. saxamo

Member saxamo Spaaaaace!

United States
    that's hot.