Homebrew How does Pokémon Su /moon and other games know what photos taken from other scources are not from it

Hepointatsquib

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
imtakingapi.ss
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this doesn't belong here or my wording is a mess, but I'm wondering how certian 3DS Games know which photos were taken within that game (For example, in Ultra sun/moon you couldn't put an image in the SD card with other photos from that game, as it wouldn't reconise it)

I'm mainly wanting to know because I find it a little intresting, plus i want to use Ultra sun to put "stickers" on a funny image

Bene-Hrethgir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The image is signed digitally, I have never actually seen any discussion about this before(prolly as the applications of such are slim to nill) if you have CFW(Luma, ReiNAND ect.) you can just take a screenshot of the picture then do w/e it is you plan on doing (Luma outputs png screenshots)

EDIT: Namesnipe is right it takes .bmp not .png screenshots

Last edited by Bene-Hrethgir,

Namesnipe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The image is signed digitally, I have never actually seen any discussion about this before(prolly as the applications of such are slim to nill) if you have CFW(Luma, ReiNAND ect.) you can just take a screenshot of the picture then do w/e it is you plan on doing (Luma outputs png screenshots)
I believe it's bmp, not png.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Yawn