How does Pokémon Su /moon and other games know what photos taken from other scources are not from it

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Hepointatsquib, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Hepointatsquib
    OP

Hepointatsquib Member

Newcomer
    Apr 17, 2018
    United States
    What the hell are you doing?
    Sorry if this doesn't belong here or my wording is a mess, but I'm wondering how certian 3DS Games know which photos were taken within that game (For example, in Ultra sun/moon you couldn't put an image in the SD card with other photos from that game, as it wouldn't reconise it)

I'm mainly wanting to know because I find it a little intresting, plus i want to use Ultra sun to put "stickers" on a funny image

2. Subtle Demise

Subtle Demise h

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    I'm not entirely sure myself, but there are plenty of ways it could be done. Could be a special header, or maybe even the image is digitally signed.

Namesnipe and Hepointatsquib like this.
  3. Bene-Hrethgir

Bene-Hrethgir Member

Newcomer
    Oct 10, 2018
    United States
    The image is signed digitally, I have never actually seen any discussion about this before(prolly as the applications of such are slim to nill) if you have CFW(Luma, ReiNAND ect.) you can just take a screenshot of the picture then do w/e it is you plan on doing (Luma outputs png screenshots)

EDIT: Namesnipe is right it takes .bmp not .png screenshots

Last edited by Bene-Hrethgir, Oct 10, 2018
    Namesnipe and Subtle Demise like this.
  4. Namesnipe

Namesnipe GBAtemp Regular

Nov 24, 2016
    United States
    I believe it's bmp, not png.

Subtle Demise and Bene-Hrethgir like this.