Status
Not open for further replies.

Mariosl10

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a old Nintendo 3ds XL that has A9LH and Luma CFW installed on it. Can someone link me to somewhere where it could tell me how to format it inorder to sell. Revisons/ The 3ds can not be sold on eBay or anything like it so the custom firmware will have to directly be wiped off of the system.

Last edited by Mariosl10,

RyanAnayaMc

The ACE
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One way you can do it is by upgrading AL9H to B9S with this guide and then and then uninstall your CFW with this guide. The uninstall guide is only for B9S by the looks of it, so I think you have to update first. After all that, you can format everything via System Settings and sell.

This is probably a less efficient way to do this so you may want to wait and see if anyone knows how to uninstall AL9H directly.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The above way works, but you can alternatively directly uninstall A9LH. However, if you're selling it to another person, there's no real reason to uninstall CFW. A 3DS is more valuable with CFW than without.

Mariosl10

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The above way works, but you can alternatively directly uninstall A9LH. However, if you're selling it to another person, there's no real reason to uninstall CFW. A 3DS is more valuable with CFW than without.
I know but who would buy it because it needs to be sold quickly.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know but who would buy it because it needs to be sold quickly.
I don't know how you're planning on selling it, but my experience is that CFW 3DS systems sell faster than OFW systems. When I'm selling an OFW system and mention CFW to the potential buyer, he or she usually requests that I install CFW.

You could also leave a minimal install of CFW (B9S installed, Luma3DS 8.1 boot.firm on CTRNAND and SD card, no other files on SD card, formatted 3DS) if the buyer is unsure, in order to leave the option for later.

But they (My friend) wants to get rid of the CFW to sell it to Gamestop
If your friend is certainly going to sell it to GameStop, you can remove CFW. Otherwise, if you're not sure that's what's going to happen, I'd keep CFW.

Last edited by Lacius,

TobyBro6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you should tell your friend that he is awesome and he is a 10 out of 10 person and he is the greatest. Also potato donkey

Reactions: Tekniquez

Mariosl10

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know how you're planning on selling it, but my experience is that CFW 3DS systems sell faster than OFW systems. When I'm selling an OFW system and mention CFW to the potential buyer, he or she usually requests that I install CFW.

You could also leave a minimal install of CFW (B9S installed, Luma3DS 8.1 boot.firm on CTRNAND and SD card, no other files on SD card, formatted 3DS) if the buyer is unsure, in order to leave the option for later.

If your friend is certainly going to sell it to GameStop, you can remove CFW. Otherwise, if you're not sure that's what's going to happen, I'd keep CFW.

He cant sell it to eBay so can you explain to me or link to me a way of how to get rid of it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think you should tell your friend that he is awesome and he is a 10 out of 10 person and he is the greatest. Also potato donkey
Ok I will. Turtle

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a old Nintendo 3ds XL that has A9LH and Luma CFW installed on it. Can someone link me to somewhere where it could tell me how to format it inorder to sell. Revisons/ The 3ds can not be sold on eBay or anything like it so the custom firmware will have to directly be wiped off of the system.
honestly you could sell it for more with them left on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo