Hacking How does Moonshell 14 work on the G6 Lite?

ohoni

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was running Moonshell 1.3 just fine, but I wanted to be able to read Japanese characters, which I found out 1.4 could do, so I installed it, but can't get it working. I tried the EXFS version, which runs itself, but cannot find any of the files on my disc (it only seems to be able to browse it's own default files). I then tried the non-EXFS version, but none of the executables (none of them were labled for the G6 anyways) would run properly (they would either give an error message or a white screen of death). What am I doing wrong here? Do I have to take one of the presented executables and "install" it as an nds file using U-Disk?

Silent Viper

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.mp3.com.au
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
When you use EXFS you must place your files in Files_EXFS folder in the folder on PC where you run moonshell installer, then run bat MAKE_NDS and an nds.gba file will be created. Maximum file size is approximately 30Mbytes. For reading books - enough...

ohoni

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's complicated, but thanks. Is there any way to it to work on the G6 without making it exfs? I found a copy of 1.33, which had the same set-up thing as 1.4, and copuldn't get that to work either, but for whatever reason I could still use my "_BOOT_MP_V1.3c.gba" file from version 1.3 to execute it (none of the executables the set-up program generated seemed to work).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-