How does Moonshell 14 work on the G6 Lite?

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by ohoni, Oct 18, 2006.

1. ohoni
    OP

ohoni Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    I was running Moonshell 1.3 just fine, but I wanted to be able to read Japanese characters, which I found out 1.4 could do, so I installed it, but can't get it working. I tried the EXFS version, which runs itself, but cannot find any of the files on my disc (it only seems to be able to browse it's own default files). I then tried the non-EXFS version, but none of the executables (none of them were labled for the G6 anyways) would run properly (they would either give an error message or a white screen of death). What am I doing wrong here? Do I have to take one of the presented executables and "install" it as an nds file using U-Disk?

2. Silent Viper

Silent Viper Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 8, 2006
    Serbia, Republic of
    Irkutsk, Russia
    When you use EXFS you must place your files in Files_EXFS folder in the folder on PC where you run moonshell installer, then run bat MAKE_NDS and an nds.gba file will be created. Maximum file size is approximately 30Mbytes. For reading books - enough...

3. ohoni
    OP

ohoni Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 6, 2002
    United States
    That's complicated, but thanks. Is there any way to it to work on the G6 without making it exfs? I found a copy of 1.33, which had the same set-up thing as 1.4, and copuldn't get that to work either, but for whatever reason I could still use my "_BOOT_MP_V1.3c.gba" file from version 1.3 to execute it (none of the executables the set-up program generated seemed to work).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice