Gaming How does banning work in for illegitimate titles/updates?

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I have a 3DS, say I have Pokemon UltraSun as a physical cart and downloaded the update from the eshop. But then I decided I want to play UltraSun without having the cartridge inserted so I downloaded a CIA online, I know Nintendo will ban you if you try to update an illegitimate title, but what if the update already exists on your console? Will Nintendo still ban you, or can I get around that by installing an illegitimate update as well? Also can you go online with illegitimate titles? Since Nintendo changed up some things when they killed FreeShop I'm curious as to what the risks are.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I have a 3DS, say I have Pokemon UltraSun as a physical cart and downloaded the update from the eshop. But then I decided I want to play UltraSun without having the cartridge inserted so I downloaded a CIA online, I know Nintendo will ban you if you try to update an illegitimate title, but what if the update already exists on your console? Will Nintendo still ban you, or can I get around that by installing an illegitimate update as well? Also can you go online with illegitimate titles? Since Nintendo changed up some things when they killed FreeShop I'm curious as to what the risks are.
Its funny you think ninty still gives a damn about 3ds. I have not heard of bans from updating illegitimate titles. Yes online with them is fine. there aint nothing to worry about that way either.

Reactions: E1ite007

t33st33r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Its funny you think ninty still gives a damn about 3ds. I have not heard of bans from updating illegitimate titles. Yes online with them is fine. there aint nothing to worry about that way either.
ON THE FUTURE OF THE NINTENDO 3DS
“We continue to look at the 3DS family, both hardware and games, as a strong entry point for some consumers. And we’re seeing that. As long as consumer demand is there, we’ll continue to provide both hardware and software on that front.” When asked when it will be appropriate to say the 3DS is dead as a platform, Bowser says “We’re certainly not going to say it today. I think time will tell. We will continue to support 3DS this holiday and into 2020.”
Source: Nintendo boss Bowser on Switch Lite sales, 3DS support, and tiny retro consoles - The Verge

I am interested about knowing if it is safe to blank Activity Log (I use cthulhu) everytime before playing online with the console even if I use DSiWare and eShop non-legit games. Updates and DLCs too.

Is there a way to check if my tickets are safe?

Last edited by t33st33r,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night