Hacking How do you use two cIOS at the same time?

GH0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While reading this, it says that the use of cIOS38r17 is recommended due to stability, and the use of Hermes' cIOS222/223 is also recommended to install. Now... how? I do remember I did this on my old wii before I had to get the thing repaired, and it would help for me to have the thing infront of me when trying to do this, but, I don't and I am just trying to judge this based off of text at the moment and from memory.

Is there any other guide I could read that might give me an idea?

I intend on using USB Loader GX and/or Configurable USB Loader.

GH0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of curiosity... is it so hard to hyperlink a signature through GBAtemp instead of through TinyURL and LinkBucks so you can make Cash.. thats some pretty shitty form of advertising in my opinion.
I would much rather do something the manual way, instead of having a program do it for me.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You only need to run the cIOSrev17 installer (it will install cIOS[38] to slot 249 and 250)
Then, run the Hermes cIOSv4 installer, and it will ask you which base you want to use (37+38 is the most popular), and select the installation slot (222 or 223). Don't install to 224 as it's not accessible to all homebrews.

for both installers, you can search on filetrip, did you ?
let me try ...
found it in 2 seconds :
http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=9426
http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=8367

About your topic title, it's a little wrong.
You can Install both of them at the same time (as they are in different installed slots), but you cant "use" them at the same time.
The Wii can only load 1 IOS at a time.
You just select the one you want your USBloader use in the global preferences, on in the individual game preferences.

To load 2 IOs at the same time, it's only done with Hermes v4 which merges IOS functionnality (IOS37 + IOS38 = cIOS222)

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Cyan said:
You only need to run the cIOSrev17 installer (it will install cIOS[38] to slot 249 and 250)
Then, run the Hermes cIOSv4 installer, and it will ask you which base you want to use (37+38 is the most popular), and select the installation slot (222 or 223). Don't install to 224 as it's not accessible to all homebrews.

for both installers, you can search on filetrip, did you ?
let me try ...
found it in 2 seconds :
http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=9426
http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=8367

About your topic title, it's a little wrong.
You can Install both of them at the same time (as they are in different installed slots), but you cant "use" them at the same time.
The Wii can only load 1 IOS at a time.
You just select the one you want your USBloader use in the global preferences, on in the individual game preferences.

To load 2 IOs at the same time, it's only done with Hermes v4 which merges IOS functionnality (IOS37 + IOS38 = cIOS222)

Actually this is very outdated...

QUOTEWhile reading this, it says that the use of cIOS38r17 is recommended due to stability, and the use of Hermes' cIOS222/223 is also recommended to install. Now... how? I do remember I did this on my old wii before I had to get the thing repaired, and it would help for me to have the thing infront of me when trying to do this, but, I don't and I am just trying to judge this based off of text at the moment and from memory.

Is there any other guide I could read that might give me an idea?

I intend on using USB Loader GX and/or Configurable USB Loader.

You need Cios 249 installer V20b > use ios 56 as base in slot 249. Use ios 57 as base in slot 250.
And you need Hermes installer 5.1 > install thee recommended options. ( 202(homebrew) 222, 223 use 56, 224 use 57).

A far better solution is to use Modmii as FLAK said. And from there, download the recommended Cios.
Install de downloaded was with MMM. ( MultiModManager )

In the various loaders ( usb, disc ) you can choose wich CIOS you want to use for a game. Some games need cios with different base ios'.
Installing in different slots make it possible to choose between cios with a different ios base. Installing all the slots with the same base ios is pointless.

As a rule you can use Cios with ios 56 as a base for almost everything ( slot 249 ) or when problems arise Cios with base 57 ( slot 250 or 224 ).
The rest is optional and you can use any base to install in their slot numbers.

CFG usb loader supports all Hermes' slots ( 222, 223, 224 ) and Wanikoko's ( 247, 248 ,249 ,250 )

So there is lots to choose from.

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GH0 said:
Out of curiosity... is it so hard to hyperlink a signature through GBAtemp instead of through TinyURL and LinkBucks so you can make Cash.. thats some pretty shitty form of advertising in my opinion.
I would much rather do something the manual way, instead of having a program do it for me.
He was trying to help

If you "don't like it don't buy it"
yay.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know it's outdated, but still working fine.
He asked for that particular versions, and I answered him accordingly.
I won't force him to do what he doesn't want to. He want to try by himself, that's the best way to learn.

I guess he want rev17 for usbloaderGX (as it's the last officially supported cIOS, cIOSx had some problems with the loader itself, not the games) (not counting the new beta revisions), and rev4 (because GX had problem with NTFS partition using rev5) so it make sense that he want rev17 and rev4.
I'm using rev17 and rev4 myself, and I don't see any reason to update for the moment, I can install base 57 to any slot I want if needed. I also kept rev17 for Triiforce, (but now I'm using Sneek instead so it's better).

GH0

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I am grabbing the files from Filetrip, I just am trying to remember the process of going through and installing them. I havn;t done it in what seems like two or three years, and it seems like a lot has changed in those two or three years. Probably would help if I actually had my Wii infront of me and wasworking on this and not still being shipped to me as well.

guinness

Trophies
XP
Country
ModMii is actually great, and it won't do it for you. What it will do is download the files you need and create detailed instructions on what to do with them. It's the #1 recommended way to mod any Wii at the moment. The page linked in XFlak's sig also lists a direct download link.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi