Hacking how do you use .3ds roms using a9lh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickwhit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not arguing that CFW has no benefits. It cannot play games in scene native release format, which is a big negative for many. (The reason I assume people keep buying GW and even clones)

If you have GW, you can use BOTH solutions for maximum benefit.

So there is no disadvantages. And the only reason I am even pointing that out, is because the CFW zealots make it seem like their is no use to GW, when there is. You can use native .3ds files. (And other features I hear people talk about that I do not use, like the cheat engine)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But you can use both together now.

You can still boot into GW mode when using A9HL + CFW.

This is only true if you still use emunand, or dont update your sysnand to newest version (or any version past the GW cutoff.. I forgot how far they currently support)

Last edited by nickwhit,

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have not touched a .3ds in ages, I find cias superior. With all the easy ways to get cias these days its even easier. The only thing my sky has on it anymore is cubic ninja. Something the sky has over gateway is it can be used without any hacks. So say a friend wants to borrow it and doesn't have any hacks they can. The same can't be said for gateway.

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't?

I heard some people talking about how Gateway is useless because of a9lh. I didn't realize they were this stupid. Modding games and testing them out is much faster with .3ds files, I don't know about you but I value my time.

Having to install that .cia over and over again takes quite a lot of time, not to mention going through all the menus to delete it again. With modded roms it can take over 5 minutes to install, repeat that 20 times a day just to test out some minor stuff and goddamn you're wasting time.
I do MK7 custom tracks and have to test 50+ times a day when working on one. I quickly learned that LayeredFS is so much faster than either of those options. Use CIA or .3DS and then just run layeredfs to test tthe hack

nickwhit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
However, you can easily convert them to .cia. GW has the issue of being expensive and not necessary for a lot of cases.
While its true GW is expensive and completely unnecessary.. his point is it gives the OPTION of using .3ds.. which CFW does not.
Yes. All you have to do is convert to cia to install.
BUT that isnt the issue.

Fuses

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While its true GW is expensive and completely unnecessary.. his point is it gives the OPTION of using .3ds.. which CFW does not.
Yes. All you have to do is convert to cia to install.
BUT that isnt the issue.

Gateway isn't even expensive. People just got use to $5 R4 clones.

D

Deleted-355425

you need a gateway card to use cart and scene dumps (3ds files) cias are for the peasants.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you need a gateway card to use cart and scene dumps (3ds files) cias are for the peasants.
because scene Dumps cant be CIA

vYC9CBC.png

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since almost no one answered your question and just did rampage...
you need to convert the .3ds into a cia and install it, i never tried it so i don't know if you can convert homebrew .3ds files
there is 2 or even more programs to convert .3ds files into .cia

may this help you:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-3ds-simple-cia-converter.384559/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-converting-3ds-to-cia-for-dummies.373722/
Homebrew 3ds files are .3dsx files
They can be converted to cia, but im pretty sure you have to compile them manually..

nickwhit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
drag and drop and play with 3ds is instant, id rather spend time playing a game over installing it :rofl2:
You quoted him but ignored his point in favor of your own. Talk about closed minded. Typical GW owner.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
drag and drop and play with 3ds is instant, id rather spend time playing a game over installing it :rofl2:
Its so instant, you have to...
A) Download it
B) Copy it over to your obviously shit SD card (it takes you two days to install a CIA!)
C) Fuck around with a private header if you don't want to be banned

With a CIA, you can download and install it directly from Nitnendo's servers, all on your 3ds. No browsing shady websites or copying necessary.

Last edited by astronautlevel,
Reactions: pbanj
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse