Hacking How do you upload Skins on CycloDS? PLEASE HELP

bwsaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what Ive done so far, but its not working. (note: I got it today, so NOTHING ELSE has been changed)

Ive already unzipped the file. On my SD card, all that is on it is a file called CycloDS. Inside are two documents.

I have tried:
Copying the file straight onto the SD card (not putting in any files)
Copying it into the file called CycloDS
Creating a file called "skins" and copying it into that file.

The result has always been the same. It loads the default skin, then I go to options, and under the heading "skins" it appears that there is nothing besides Default loaded.

These are some questions

What is the Adapter that came with it for?
Do I need to download the firmware first?

Sorry for my dumb questions. Please help me out
wink.gif

Balrogs.Pain

Trophies
XP
Country
you have to make a folder in the CycloDS folder called SKINS, then in that folder you put everything you downloaded except for the 'Readme" or whatever it is called.

Adapter? you mean the sd card adapters? So that you can use a miniSD with whatever that doesnt use it, but uses a bigger SD card.

no, but you should try to. . .

bwsaw

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clarification

This is what is in my SD card so far:

1 file named CycloDS
2 documents inside the file called: config.xml and defaul.evoCHEATS

1 file containing newest 1.5 Beta 2 Firmware.

Balrogs.Pain: So I create a folder called "SKINS" and I copy everything inside the CycloDS folder inside it, and then also put my skin inside it?

Balrogs.Pain

Trophies
XP
Country
bwsaw said:
Clarification

This is what is in my SD card so far:

1 file named CycloDS
2 documents inside the file called: config.xml and defaul.evoCHEATS

1 file containing newest 1.5 Beta 2 Firmware.

Balrogs.Pain: So I create a folder called "SKINS" and I copy everything inside the CycloDS folder inside it, and then also put my skin inside it?
err, let me rephrase it. Okay, inside your CycloDS folder, create the folder skins, Once you do that, download the skin you want to have. Then when you have, put everything that you downloaded (EX: You downloaded a skin, everything that came with that) into a folder on its own, so if you have a skin for Tetris DS, you might want to create a folder called, Tetris DS. Now, put that tetris DS folder inside your skins folder. And you are done! now you should be able to use that skin.

Tatsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Q: How do I install a custom skin?
A: First of all, pick unpack your skin if necessary. Put those files (*.bmp and .xml) in a random folder. Call it whatever you want. I'll call it SKINA here. Put the folder SKINA in the folder named skin in the CycloDS folder which can be found on your microSD card. You might have to create the folder "skin" first. In the end, it should look like this: X:\CycloDS\skin\SKINA
If you want to add another skin, just follow the procedure once more and call the folder SKINB if you want to: X:\CycloDS\skin\SKINB
In the end, you can choose between your now installed skins in the CycloDS Evolution settings menu.
This is taken from the skin FAQ at their forums. Notice that this guide says "skin" instead of the "skins" that the manual says (I don't know if this makes a difference lol but it might). I followed these instructions and my skins run fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: