How do you set up for PC speakers?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by ShadowSoldier, Nov 23, 2012.

Nov 23, 2012
  1. ShadowSoldier
    OP

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    I'd like to play my WiiU on my monitor like I do with my PS3 and have the audio coming from my PC speakers. I have a converter thing or whatever that takes the red and white cords and it puts it into the audio jack of my speakers. It works just fine on the PS3. I can't figure out how to do it with the WiiU.

I have component cables and I take the audio cables and put them into my speakers but it doesn't work. Is it possible to do this???

2. SD456

Newcomer SD456 Dude

United Kingdom
    Sadly, the Wii U doesn't sends the Audio signal simultaneously on the HDMI and A/V port, you can only choose between HDMI output and non-HDMI (aka. A/V port), output.
    You have to use the GamePad's Headphone output to get sound from your console, I will do this too.

I hope that Nintendo will release an Update, for this issue.

3. Intimidator88

Member Intimidator88 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You can buy AV Receiver but its gonna set you back so im hoping they release an update that allows me to use both at same time sadly :(

4. Ishi23

Newcomer Ishi23 Newbie

United States
    Yea i really hope Nintendo fix this.
    I found a workaround on my setup, my tv supports something called ARC (audio return channel) so i can connect the wiiU via Hdmi to my tv and then i connect a Hdmi cable from my tv to my home theater to get the sound.

5. the_randomizer

Member the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

United States
    Why they failed to take that into consideration I'll never know.

6. Deltaechoe

Member Deltaechoe The Dopefish

United States
    To get surround sound you will have to buy an AV receiver and hook the speakers up to that

7. ShadowSoldier
    OP

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    I don't want Surround Sound lolol.

8. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    If it is as people say then in the meantime you might consider devices like http://www.amazon.com/ViewHD-Analog-Converter-Digital-Extractor/dp/B008LOIKX6/
    If an update does come you can probably shift it on for a considerable amount the purchase price too; people have some amazing hifi equipment but seen as we are all supposed to be on HDMI now such things can keep said awesome old equipment viable.

9. Intimidator88

Member Intimidator88 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    See i got a work around,i took my soundbar that i had in the living room for my Tv and placed it in the bedroom where i keep all my gaming stuff and pluged a 3.5mm splitter into my monitor then hooked the soundbar red and white cables into the splitter and i got sound! Kinda of sucks to have to do all this switching around but least now i aint gotta buy something i only will use for the Wii U.

I am wondering if that ViewHD item that Fast6191 posted from amazon will slove this problem for me to be able to place my soundbar back into the living room? How would i hook my speakers up to that? Right now my setup for my speakers in here are...

Monitor---HDMI---HDMI Switch Box---HDMI to Desktop---HDMI to Xbox---HDMI to Wii U

Desktop---6 Splitters---Speaker Wires into 3---3 more Splitters into 3---3 Splitters into component to Speaker box(came with my HD PVR?)---HDMI Component Cables---A/V portXbox 360/Wii U/PS3

Is that hard to understand? If so just check this Topic to see it more clearly

http://gbatemp.net/threads/gaming-setup-help.334555/

10. driverdis

Member driverdis I am Justice

United States
    my workaround is
    Wii U HDMI->Syncmaster2333HD->Optical Out->H/K AVR110 via optical. (Stereo PCM)
    ____________________________\->Headphone out->Earbuds

its a workaround and not a solution as i get no 5.1 with this setup like my Xbox1 and Xbox360 do as they do Dolby Digital 5.1
    and no Matrix 5.1 Pro-Logic like the Wii and PS2 since the Wii U outputs LPCM and not Pro Logic.