How do you review the shops on shoptemp?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by codezer0, Mar 7, 2014.

1. codezer0
    OP

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    My primary question is in the title.

Simply, I ordered a Gateway 3DS through R4Pick, because they portrayed themselves as a US-based retailer and had a reasonable price. Well, surprise surprise, I find that my order is taking the slow boat from China to get here, and the problem is that I don't see any way to submit for the reviews that were listed and the star ratings going with shoptemp there. So how do I do it?

Still waiting for the damn thing by the way. :glare:

2. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
  3. codezer0
    OP

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    Well, the good thing is that I paid for the additional tracking service, so I do have that; at the least it does appear to have shipped, but that's about all I do know.

<-- my face when seeing the tracking reveal that it was coming from f*cking China for that price.

4. Joe88

Joe88 [λ]

Jan 6, 2008
    United States
    NYC
    I think thats actually shoptemps fault, it says they ship from hk or singapore
    http://www.r4pick.com/shipping-tracking-e-9.html

you should have just saved $10 and just got it from eachmall or if you need it quick, rhs (US site) for a little bit more

5. codezer0
    OP

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    Well then, why won't shoptemp update their page? I just pulled it up again to submit my (current) review, and even now it is still reporting itself as a US-based seller.

The whole thing stinks on ice.

6. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    Costello is probably the best contact for these issues and suggestions.

7. Costello

Costello Headmaster

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    hey guys,

I am hearing similar reports from other people regarding R4pick, I am going to write them an email with the complaints that I'm collecting from people. If I don't hear from them within a few days I'm going to officially label them as scammers and make public shame threads all over the place.

Could you please let me know your order number, as well as the tracking number that was given to you?

regarding shoptemp: all these infos are self managed (they have an account and do whatever they want with it -- but they have no control over reviews, obviously). Were you able to post reviews eventually? Jdbye was able to using his gbatemp log in

thanks

8. codezer0
    OP

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    I PM'd you the details, Costello. I hope it helps.