How do you keep / store your wired controllers ?

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello.:)

A moment ago it happens:

A Sony PlayStation 2 Controller which has been safely stored for 2 years is broken.:sad:

Cable break due to stupid rolling up of the cable.
I know, blame myself.

I do not have Containers or a Storage Warehouse to store all this Controllers,I have to put them into Drawers and Boxes.
I am sure you all know this case.

Wireless Controllers,yes it is a solution.And also a matter of money.:P

Do you have any rational suggestions for this ?

- cutting off Cables,yes I have tried it,funny,after that the Controllers no longer worked.:unsure:
- hang on a clothes line,also a good idea,sadly next day when they are dry,all are gone.:blink:
- use a universal Controller,yes also tried,Neighbors Garage door opens each time when I play Mario Kart Double Dash.:(

I am "open" for any suggestions that keeps the Controllers and Cables longer work.

Thank you.:)

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
The best way is to simply wrap the cable into a loose loop (not around the controller, just loose) and then use something like a velcro strap or cable tie or whatever to keep them from getting tangled.

For long term storage, I've seen people recommend the above and then just putting each controller into a plastic bag, which can be useful as well though a tad wasteful IMO.

Although wrapping them just around the controllers themselves shouldn't be that harmful to the controller's wire, unless you're pulling it extremely taut for some reason.

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rule of thumb for maintaining cable integrity is to never bend the cable around a curve less than 10x the radius of the cable's diameter. Or something like that...

For controllers, the problem is generally the solder points on the PCB connecting the actual controller to the cable. Weakest part of the link.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
The best way is to simply wrap the cable into a loose loop (not around the controller, just loose) and then use something like a velcro strap or cable tie or whatever to keep them from getting tangled.

For long term storage, I've seen people recommend the above and then just putting each controller into a plastic bag, which can be useful as well though a tad wasteful IMO.

Although wrapping them just around the controllers themselves shouldn't be that harmful to the controller's wire, unless you're pulling it extremely taut for some reason.

Thank you for your Advices.

That means like if the controller is original packaged (the way you suggested) is ok.
Like this:

c2cbc56a-ffcd-43e3-8119-7fbc5315d04c_1.da7a30dd85e8eabcb6505c90122d59ab.jpeg 574c13b2-06c9-42cf-bb07-bfb729e074a4_1.3f5b983fc332e270864a9e7159bd9287.jpeg

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Rule of thumb for maintaining cable integrity is to never bend the cable around a curve less than 10x the radius of the cable's diameter. Or something like that...

For controllers, the problem is generally the solder points on the PCB connecting the actual controller to the cable. Weakest part of the link.

Only a thought: maybe hang it over an horizontal Bar like this ?
Very,very dumb and stupid idea ? :(

Ohne Titgzgzgzgzgel-1.jpg

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just glad I don't ever have to use a wired controller ever again except for 2 games. My PS2 I have a Logitech wireless, my gamecube is on Wii U, my original Xbox all of them are on my RGH 360 except 2 that won't work on it. Those are the only two games I keep my original Xbox for and use a wired controller. I used to have a wireless controller on it too but it died but not worth it to rebuy one for two games. Everything older than that I use emulators.

Reactions: Alexander1970

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

But as nobody has time for that then as mentioned the connector section is usually the point of failure so I give a generous amount there, hold off the strain for a couple of loops and then spin the rest up as per your little brother wrapping it up.

If I am really invested in the concept I also have these little velcro straps. Got a massive bunch of them for next to nothing and they do well.

MrCokeacola

The Xbox Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

A little Update on the "Storage" Quest.

I "hang" my Controlles over the Rooms Doors Edge since I made this Thread:

No Cable Kinks or Breaks.:)

View attachment 197449

..only the Wii (U) Controllers were strongly oppose it.....:rolleyes:

Thank you :)
Can't really see anything, is that one of those German may-poles that you dance around with a tanker of beer?

DANTENDO

I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

A little Update on the "Storage" Quest.

I "hang" my Controlles over the Rooms Doors Edge since I made this Thread:

No Cable Kinks or Breaks.:)

View attachment 197449

..only the Wii (U) Controllers were strongly oppose it.....:rolleyes:

Thank you :)
shit if you were trying to sel yr house and someone came in and saw tht what would you say lol and is it pos to get a clearer pic:D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

its ok i see the new pic :D

mewtek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I usually tend to roll the cord up then use a twist/zip tie to keep it in place. Either that, or I'll just put it back into the original box the way it was when I got it, if I have the original box.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: