How do YOU get rid of your hiccups?

Osaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First I try to hold my breath, but that never works, so then I try water. water usually helps but takes a while

also, once I get rid of them, I have a weird feeling in my throat like as if I should be hiccuping still.

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Use one of those "What's wrong?" Flash movies
wink.gif

Osaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well, water SHOULD always work.

Humans hiccup because of a reflex we still have from when we were animals that walked more horizontal. these animals have this reflex to help push larger pieces of food down our throat.
lecture.gif

euphemism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, here is a surefire way to get rid of the hiccups. This has worked for me every time and for everyone i have suggested it to. Grab a glass of water. Get a mouthful of water, bend over, and swallow it in thirds. Do it two more times. As you get better at it, you can do it with less in your mouth at one time, it works with other liquids too. Get good enough and you can even do it with the spit in your mouth.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Here's the trick:

Breath in all the way, fill you lungs completely with air, then take five sips of water.
Breath out all the way, completely empty your lungs of air, then take five sips of water.

If it doesn't work the first time through, it usually does the second.

Good luck, and happy involuntary-action quelling!

Kyuzumaki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This trick has yet to fail.....

Take a deep breath and hold it
When you can't hold it anymore don't breathe out just breathe more in
Do the same thing 3 times

Caoimhin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Well the most important thing is: FORGET your hiccup. I heard that all these ways of getting rid of it have one in common: you're concentrating on something else.
Speaking of which.. I haven't had any hiccups for a loooong time..

notnarb

Not narbing it up
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've always gotten rid of my hiccups the first time by drinking a liquid upside-down (by drinking water from the far end of the cup as someone already suggested). It may be different with different people, but I can just feel it work (it makes your lungs do something a little funny

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Drink a glass of water while dent over double so you have to swallow upwards. Works every time for me, except that time while I hiccupped while I was drinking and it all came out of my nose.

--JoCa--

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
just WTF!?!?!?! Try to fart a lot????

cientificaly speaking (just like Ema Skye), hiccups come from a bad signal that your bulbus (dunno if that's how you say it in english, but portuguese its Bulbo, the 3rd part of the brain), so theorically, you would have to wram it up so it starts sending good signals all over again, but it only work when you're a baby cause bone density and stuff... So, unless u try IRONNING you own back of the head (wich I don't reccomend), you'll depend on luck only
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.