Homebrew How do you copy gamecube games to CFG USB Loader?

caliskier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have several GameCube games along with my wii games. Two Questions:

1. CFG USB Loader will not copy my physical GameCube game (wii games are copied) game, "says not a wii game" how do i get it copy my GameCube games?
2. I want to copy both wii and GameCube games to the same hard drive, the hard drive is 1T. What is the minimum number of partitions I need and how do they need to be formatted?

I just recently, 4 days ago, got set up with modmii so all should be current
I also have wii backup manager

Thanks for the help

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Gamecube games need a FAT32 partition, Im not sureabout CFG, but with USBLoaderGX you can rip your GCN games just fine.
Another useful tool is Cleanrip.

Partitions must be:
FAT32 primary + whatever other partitions you want (not sure if there's a number of partitions limit)

caliskier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gamecube games need a FAT32 partition, Im not sureabout CFG, but with USBLoaderGX you can rip your GCN games just fine.
Another useful tool is Cleanrip.

Partitions must be:
FAT32 primary + whatever other partitions you want (not sure if there's a number of partitions limit)

Ok, thanks, will have to get USB loader GX back running again. It stopped since I did modmii... Hopefully that will not kill CFG loader.

1. Can I play the games I ripped in CFG loader in USB loader?
2. As for partitions, do i need any more than one? I have NES and SNES physical games that I would rather have ROMs for so, wondering if a special format was needed for that.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Ok, thanks, will have to get USB loader GX back running again. It stopped since I did modmii... Hopefully that will not kill CFG loader.

1. Can I play the games I ripped in CFG loader in USB loader?
2. As for partitions, do i need any more than one? I have NES and SNES physical games that I would rather have ROMs for so, wondering if a special format was needed for that.

Yes, the format for Wii games is the same across different loaders.
For partitions you only need 1 FAT32, it's enough to store everything, only downside it have 4GB limit per file, personally I have 2 partitions, a NTFS and a primary FAT32. But you can keep everything in the FAT32 one, loaders and Wii Backup Manager split automatically the files bigger than 4GB.

caliskier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, the format for Wii games is the same across different loaders.
For partitions you only need 1 FAT32, it's enough to store everything, only downside it have 4GB limit per file, personally I have 2 partitions, a NTFS and a primary FAT32. But you can keep everything in the FAT32 one, loaders and Wii Backup Manager split automatically the files bigger than 4GB.
Thanks both, I thought that the file size limit/splitting was not an issue for game playing. Is that wrong?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: