Hacking How do you back up your save-games?

Tony_D

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,

I recently got a G6 Lite and simply love it, great DS and GBA support.
yaynds.gif

Now the limited space of 4G's isn't a big problem, I'm merely human and can only enjoy a handful of games at once.
But when the time comes when I want to change the scenery, how do I back up my save games?
Because I don't wanna complete the horrible single player campaign of Metroid Prime hunters again in order to unlock the additional characters.
frown.gif

I tried simply copying the save files(.0 .1 etc), but that doesn't seem to work.

So if somebody could help me with this I would appreciate it.

Thanks a bunch,

T-D

alsproject

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just copy the .0 file from within Windows Explorer (just browse to the NDS folder in the G6L).

After you do that, you can delete the game from the U-Disk manager.

To restore the save, write the game to the card as usual and then copy the .0 file back to the NDS folder.

Tony_D

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just copy the .0 file from within Windows Explorer (just browse to the NDS folder in the G6L).

After you do that, you can delete the game from the U-Disk manager.

To restore the save, write the game to the card as usual and then copy the .0 file back to the NDS folder.
Tried it, doesn't seem to work.

Copied all of the .(number) files to a back up directory before I deleted the game(s).
Then reinstalled the game onto the G6 and copied the save files back into the nds folder.

Started up the game and got zilch.

EDIT

Hold on a sec..

Think I figured it out. In de u-disk manager select one of the saver files in the bottom of the screen then press read(at the right).
A window pops up which lets you save the .(number) file onto your hard drive.

I'm trying it now.

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you have to make sure the sram is flushed before you backup saves. for example, if you finish playing game X, turn off the DS, then plug in the G6 to your comp, your save will not be on the card yet.

Vidnez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, you need to wait to the "processing data" screen before you put the saves onto the g6.

1. Copy the game(s) to your G6.
2. Turn on and wait for the "processing data" screen.
3. Turn Off
4. Copy your game saves onto the G6.

Tony_D

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, you need to wait to the "processing data" screen before you put the saves onto the g6.

1. Copy the game(s) to your G6.
2. Turn on and wait for the "processing data" screen.
3. Turn Off
4. Copy your game saves onto the G6.
Hmm.
I tried it on a couple of games(Feel the Magic and Pac'n Roll), the latter doesn't seem to work.

Back to testing it on some other games before I get cracking at the important ones.

Thanks for your help
wink.gif

gust0208

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I thought one of the big selling points of the G6 lite was that it saved right to the cart and didn't have to wait for the system to be turned off and on again? I believe it was even in the review of the G6 lite on this site.

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I thought one of the big selling points of the G6 lite was that it saved right to the cart and didn't have to wait for the system to be turned off and on again? I believe it was even in the review of the G6 lite on this site.

That's what everyone believed for a long time, until the Data Processing screen showed up.

gust0208

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I thought one of the big selling points of the G6 lite was that it saved right to the cart and didn't have to wait for the system to be turned off and on again? I believe it was even in the review of the G6 lite on this site.

That's what everyone believed for a long time, until the Data Processing screen showed up.

Wow! I own a G6 lite and this is a bit of a disappointment. Now that know this, I wanted to clarify what exactly is being done during the "Precessing Info" time. It was posted above how to get a save from your HD to the unit, but do you need to do a similar action to get the most current save from the card to your HD?

Example, I just saved my game in game X. Do I need to power off and re-power on the DS with the cart still in to get the data processing screen to make sure my most recent save is there? And then plug the card into my USB to get the game?

Slightly confusing!

Cheers,
Tom

DarkElf101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I tested this and this what I found out
First after palying x game and saving turn of your DS then turn it back on you'll get the Data Processing thing.
AFter that turn it off and plug in to you computer an backup the saves make sure its the 0 file.
Now when you feel like playing that game again just copy the game to it then the save and it should work.
It worked for me but don't blame it on me if you loose your save. I would try first with a few games you do not raly care of the saves.

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow! I own a G6 lite and this is a bit of a disappointment. Now that know this, I wanted to clarify what exactly is being done during the "Precessing Info" time. It was posted above how to get a save from your HD to the unit, but do you need to do a similar action to get the most current save from the card to your HD?

Example, I just saved my game in game X. Do I need to power off and re-power on the DS with the cart still in to get the data processing screen to make sure my most recent save is there? And then plug the card into my USB to get the game?

Slightly confusing!

Cheers,
Tom
Yes, but soft resetting back to the g6 menu does the same thing, so I just reset to the main menu every time I finish playing a game. Then I don't have to worry about whether I powered my DS on or not since the last time I saved a game. Simple!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit